Its official: G-30 my new favorite Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dawolf, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Excellent pistol, for sure--I've just rotated mine (G30SF) out for this week, as the G27 Gen4 is my carry pistol this week. I really like carrying the subcompact Glocks, and they do classify the G29/G30 as subcompacts, even though they are bigger than the others. Still, it is good to know that there is a heavyweight punch you can carry around with either 10mm or .45ACP if you choose.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. My gen 3 G30 is the most accurate and reliable .45 I've ever shot, and I've shot all kinds.

3. I got rid of all my 1911's about 5 years ago and said, " I'm done with 45 cal " It's a good thing I never got rid of the dies, cases and bullets because I picked up a 30SF about 1 1/2 ago and I have to say it is so damn accurate and soft shooting, drives me crazy just thinking about it. I still like my 40 cal / 10 mm a notch higher, but thats just my personal opinion.

4. How about that? I rotate as well, except I'll do the 30SF for a few days, then rotate to my Gen4 G26. They're both outstanding little guns. I, too, wish they'd been around about 20 years ago. Better late than never. I can't figure out how they can make little bitsy guns like these so damned accurate! Not to mention totally reliable.

AK

5. Ditto.:cool:

6. OldSchool64

Platinum Member

:cool:

I can certainly relate, my G30 has been great.

7. My G30S replaced my G30SF that I sold early this year (a sad error on my part). I love this gun, and it fits all my G19 holsters (and even some for my XDs). ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1378267400.340810.jpg

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. The G30 is the bulldog of firearms. Even my Mrs loves shooting it. Once I retire and no longer have to look presentable, it will probably be my EDC.

9. O-ring or Pierce base plates fixes this problem. I found it annoying, picked up the base plates. Heard about the o-ring after that, basically keeps it from rocking causing the pinching, easy and cheaper than new base plates although they are not very expensive and I like the feel of them better than the stock base plates.

Only have one Glock gen 3 30 and love it!

#29 GT4point6, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  10. Thanks for the info. I'll have to try that when I get a G30.

11. Sigobsessed

Sigobsessed Good looking

Congrats

12. I like my G 30 SF so much, I just bought a second for backup. No ftf's, no jams, no nothing. Just keeps on keepin' on. Only bad thing is, it eats so much 45ACP ammo, I'm gonna have to get a second job to afford shooting both of them.......lmao

13. I believe it is because Glock was caught-up in building the smallest/usable pistol that would hold 10 rounds due to various laws.
    The 29 will hold 10 rounds with a normal flush-fit mag. In order to get the 10 rounds in the .45 they needed that extra room.
    And to keep their profit margins they wanted to use the same frame.
    OP, congrats. The Gen 4 G30 has become my favorite pistol also.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. Heck of a good gun. Congratulations.

15. My wife loves it too. She still prefers her Kimber Ultra Carry. She is a 45 kind of gal.