close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

It's Hot! Now What?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 1smoothredneck, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Mercury is @107 here today. I know there are record temps elsewhere too. My question to Glock talkers is... Have you changed your carry in any way? This would include firearm, accessories,position/ mode of carry, not carrying @ all, etc.
    I'm just curious. As for me... nothing has changed. This afternoon I have my trusty old G27 in my Galco king tuk, with an off side spare G23 magazine, along with two knives and pepper spray. Just like always.:supergrin: Although I must admit in cool/cold weather I sometimes carry my gen 2 G23 or a 19,or sometimes my lightweight commander ,the 27 is still pretty much my carry gun most of the time. Be safe, and hydrate.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. blackjack

blackjack

Jan 22, 2000
    Sand Springs OK
    Please let me be first to post it....

Open carry could solve this!!!!

3. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Oct 30, 2006
    Crappleton, Wisconsin
    I carry the 66-2 and G17 a tad less in the warm months, but my usual PPK remains the same.

4. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Oct 30, 2006
    Crappleton, Wisconsin
    I'll actually agree with you there. :shocked: :thumbsup:

5. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    Maritime cups in the Glock............... Glock in my special speedo holster.........speedo holster in the pool.

6. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Cornstarch under the foundation garment. Nice, loose oversized shirt--the tactical Hawaiian works fine.

I'm in AZ, still carrying my G22 concealed.

7. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    I don't change because of the weather. FNS-9 in a Panther Concealment OWB or AIWB, cotton t-shirt, cotton overshirt.

Was 97 here today, 80+% humisery.

8. I haven't changed my carry position, only the gun I carry. I like to carry my hi-power due to it's longer sight radius, higher capacity, and better trigger. However, I have blued controls on it, and the sweat does a number on the blueing. Every time I carry it, I have to take the controls off, and hit them with some steel wool to knock off the surface rust. Then I re-blue it, and oil it. Next day, rust stain on my wife-beater, no good. So I'm back to carrying my glock 26, where the only things I could ever conceive rusting, are my sights.

9. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    I'm packing a G19 year round here in Kansas in a CBST. Been hotter than hell here lately but it's not slowing me down, never has, never will.

10. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Yesterday I had my Gen 4 Glock 22 out at the range. I had it in a Blade Tech Phantom IWB holster with a spare mag on my weak side. It all concealed very well under a baggy shirt.

My HK 45 (Normally my daily carry) conceals just about as well in my Raven Concealment Phantom holster as well. The heat isn't a issue with a full size gun. You just have to experiment with your wardrobe a bit to find something that works.

Remember, just because it's hot outside doesn't mean you have to settle for a subcompact!

11. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Aug 18, 2009
    Metro ATL
    I still carry my G30sf in my Glock sport holster with a spare g21 mag. An undershirt and a button down works for me.

NN

12. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Been carrying a Taurus PT-845 lately in an OWB holster at 3:00. Usually wear Wrangler shorts, a-shirt (wife beater) and a short sleeve button up or a polo type shirt.

13. Glenn E. Meyer

Glenn E. Meyer

Feb 27, 2000
    TX
    Slight change in cover garments. Floppy, very light weight shirt. When it is cooler (once it happended in TX), a fleece vest works.

14. Ruger LC9 has been getting the nod. Today is my newly acquired Gen3 G19c in my Tommy Theis IWB and Galco gun belt.

15. How's that LC9 finish holding up??

16. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Slightly baggy shirts. Underarmor compression shirts under. Keeps you cooler than not wearing the extra layer.

IWB Minotaur.

Have a nice day. Been carrying a G23 and at least one spare mag that way in Texas for years.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  17. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Extremely hot here in GA, but I just do my usual summer carry. I do tend to clean the guns more often.

18. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

Jan 5, 2009
    Nope still got the ole glock 23 at 4 o'clock iwb in a mtac

19. Creatism

Creatism

Dec 25, 2011
    Nothing here still 36 about 4 o'clock.

Typed from my iPhone with my thumbs!!