Glock Talk banner

Its finally here!!! The infamous Marauder kit for the 10/22

5K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  mixflip 
#1 · (Edited)
Got it in the mail today. Installing it tomorrow. Just some quick pics until then.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Here it is all put together. I love this kit because I know that I am never going to own an HKG36 (unless I win the lottery) and if I want one that shoots 22lr it might as well be built off the legendary Ruger 10/22.

It also comes with an extended mag release and an extended bolt lock lever.

Full review coming soon.

#9 ·
very cool!!! where did u get yours?
It was sent to me for testing and evaluation from Archangel Development directly. They have been on pre-order for months so they should be hitting retailers soon since I got the first kit from the first of the production?

I made a booth video of their prototype back in Jan at Shot Show so now I am going to make an assembly and range video. This is going to be lots of FUN!!!

#13 ·
Question on the magazine assembly: Is the larger mag body an outer shell that has to be removed prior to removing the actual magazine, or are the two linked together and removed/replaced as a single unit for reloading?

Does the shell around the assembled weapon feel pretty solid once installed, or kinda flimsy/loose?

Is the barrel free-floated in the stock?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!

#14 · (Edited)
The mag is fully functional with or without the fake centerfire cover. It does not need to be removed unless you just dont want to use it.

The kit is rock solid and feels like a high quality rifle when all put together.

The stock folds but technically could be removed if you wanted to run it like a pistol? Its held in place with a long bolt and is essentially a big hinge.

The barrel looks as if it is indeed free floated.

Great questions btw, all of which I can answer in my review video when I film it this weekend.

#15 ·
will it be available in dark earth color?

so what im gathering concerning the magazine is:
-the long body pictured is just a body cover that goes over the factory box mag?
-and if preferred we dont have to use that magazine body
-u can install and remove the factory box magazine just as quickly as when it was on the factory stocks?

thanks

#17 · (Edited)
will it be available in dark earth color?

so what im gathering concerning the magazine is:
-the long body pictured is just a body cover that goes over the factory box mag?
-and if preferred we dont have to use that magazine body
-u can install and remove the factory box magazine just as quickly as when it was on the factory stocks?

thanks
Flat Dark Earth? No word on that yet. I just painted my other Archangel kit myself.

As for the mag...You are correct.

#25 ·
Actually its a 25 rounder just like a Butler Creek and Ruger mag. It just doesnt bend so aggressive like a banana like those do.
Interesting. The lack of curvage (and nothing to compare it to for size) is why my estimate was low.

Does the mag use a conventional under-the-follower rectangle-coil spring, or the side-mounted "watch" spring like the Butler Creek and similar mags?

About how thick is the lower part of the mag body (the part that is outside the rifle's receiver)? Reason I ask is there was a guy who wanted to mock-up a hi-cap 10/22 mag in an AR mag body, but the thickness and curvature made it nearly impossible without extensive mods (cutting/welding?); it might be much easier using one of these mags as a starting point...

Thanks for all the info, mixflip. You're being a really good sport about all these weird questions.

I'm eagerly awaiting the video review, too!

#26 ·
It has a traditional mag spring. I just field stripped the mag tonight. As for thickness? Its probably an inch? Its fairly thick for a 22lr mag.

The sight radius is only 10.5". Thats not much but I foresee optics on a gun like this anyways. At least for me.

That Butler Creek inside an AR mag idea seems like way too much work. But hey I have seen worse ways to spend time lol. I hope it works out.

Videos being produced as we speak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.