close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

It's been 13 years.

Discussion in 'The US Marine Corps Forum' started by Show Killer, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Show Killer

Show Killer Boost Junkie !!

Feb 28, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    It's been 13 years since I left the Marines. I can honestly say that the Marine is still in me.

Just today I realized that I still lace my shoes/boots left over right.

Anyone else still do the little things you were tought years ago in boot camp?

2. TMG

TMG

Apr 13, 2004
    Utah
    Its been 10 for me. I still drink almost a canteen of water every night, and I eat food 3x faster then anyone Im eating with... Embarrasses the wife to no end..lol

Erik

3. Angel Of Death

Angel Of Death Wrenches/BMWs

May 28, 2004
    Stateside finally!
    I'm with you on the super-fast-eating aspect. I have to consiencely slow my eating down.

Erik

4. reconvic

reconvic Recon Marine

Feb 27, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    I been off active duty since 1974 and still eat fast, enjoy Marine movies,shooting and weapons and a few beers lol.
    Once a Marine Always one

5. lethrnk

lethrnk Senior Member

It's been 28 years for me...

I eat way too fast... and now that my son is a Marine I really notice how fast he eats also.

I still keep my boots clean and polished, which has brought many comments from others at work through the years...

And I field strip my cigarettes every time, even if I am standing close to one of those fancy new butt cans.

6. on target

on target

Feb 4, 2000
    Livingston,NJ
    38 for me and you never question why we are former not ex Marines

7. E4E

E4E

Jan 11, 2001
    MI.
    Some things don't wash off.

Truth of the matter is that we are what we are, and joined in the same goal and intent for life.

I pity the others.
    And our nations enemys.

Old Breed, New Breed. Same Breed.

Semper Fi!
    E4E

P.S.
    Ever catch yourself going through the aspects of a 5 Paragraph order, when it relates to domestic stuff?
    :supergrin:

8. Gary_P

Gary_P

Jul 18, 2004
    N.Chas,SC.
    believe this or not, I still iron my skivvies

9. Anybody else still set the dial to "0" when you snap up a combination-type padlock? I know I still do.

10. E4E

E4E

Jan 11, 2001
    MI.
    A recently retired "Gunny" ( Com Maggot vet of Afghanistan and Iraq)
    That is a subordinate on the Job, turned his 14yr old Kid to me today on the Farm.

The Kid is nothing but "Green Monster" waiting to happen.

I barked at him one time and that was it.

"Put the small **** on the fire, toss the cut **** in the truck, and quit worrying over the fire!!!!"

Hell.......

Over lunch we talked about base housing and baseball.

The "World Stateside" alienated him and the rest of the kids from base at Cherry point, and he figured it out.

He was different, had a direction, and was looking forward.

He has noticed a lack of conviction amoung other kids, and fears falling into that trap.

It's 03 for him at graduation from High school.
    Arguments as to otherwise fell on deaf ears.

His Dad has two degrees, and he figures to do better as a grunt.

BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked the Kid.
    And have no doubt.

Semper Fi!
    E4E

11. Dave in Idaho

Dave in Idaho

Aug 14, 2004
    idaho
    March 24th was 16 years for me. Feels like I left yesterday.
    When My kids ask me to sing to them they mean call cadence. Funnier than hell to hear a 5 yo calling cadence in his little voice.
    Everyone in a green uniform is a Marine to him.
    "Daddy are those Marines? Are they going to kill bad guys?"
    Dave

12. Tampico

Tampico G37/G38

Nov 12, 2005
    MN
    18 years for me. I still line my belt buckle up with my fly.

Hardly a day goes by where I don't wish I would have stayed in. I have a great life, but I damn, I do miss it.

13. Trason

Trason USMC FOREVER

Jul 21, 2005
    NH
    I have been out for 9, still fresh in my head. I miss the action, adrenaline, and have a hard time remembering the bad times, (I know there were a few).

I still lace left over right, My neigbors love to hear the Marine Bark during a beer drinking weekend. Its amazing that civies cant get the sharp commanding voice, no matter how hard they try.

My 10 year old son is addicted to Marine stuff, we visit the recruiting office often to get more posters, stickers, etc...
    His room looks like a recruiting office.

I am lucky, and get to work with a lot of Former Marines, so there is a lot of story telling in my office.

I am glad to see that someone else calls cadence once in awhile besides me.

Semper Fi!

14. Big DAWG #383

Big DAWG #383 Run Fred, Run

May 10, 2000
    SF Bay Area, PRK
  15. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

Sep 17, 2003
    Georgia
    Saved the jpeg, hope you don't mind, that's too funny.

Still lace my shoes/boots "left over right", hang the "trousers" the same way, fold the skivvies the same, old habits die hard.

All most forgot, 14 yrs. since I got out. If I had stayed in, I'd be retiring in June.

Semper Fi All

16. reconvic

reconvic Recon Marine

Feb 27, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Never to a Marine Any pictures I post any Marines are welcome to them, We all share the Marine Brotherhood.[​IMG]

17. 1985 4Runner

1985 4Runner Agitator

May 27, 2006
    Gulf Coast MS
    It's been almost ten years since I got out.

I still iron creases in all my shirts. The bathroom will forever be the "head".

Not a day goes by that I don't think of what might have been had I stayed in. I'd have 14 years in by now.

Semper Fi to all, and I'll join you in a toast to our fallen brothers on Memorial Day.

R.H.
    [​IMG]

18. Bonk

Bonk Millennium Member

Nov 8, 1999
    It is pathologically impossible for me to wear a pair of dress pants and not crease them. Dress shirt? Has to be creased, and I do that bunching up around the hips to make the front and back look flat thing religiously, and of course the gig line has to be straight.

And I thought I was the only one who had to have every MasterLock set at "0". :supergrin:

I've been out 6 1/2, would be halfway to my fourth hashmark now.

19. jon_in_wv

jon_in_wv

May 21, 2006
    West Virginia
    Holy Crap. I thought I was the only one. If my shoes or boots are not laced up left over right it drives me nuts. I have NOT grown my hair out. Gig line? Check! I still believe there is only one way, the Marine Corps way. Everything else is stupid. I've been out for 12 years. It feels like yesterday.

Anyone else find it physically impossible to sit indian style with your right leg over your left?

20. jon_in_wv

jon_in_wv

May 21, 2006
    West Virginia
    I still remember my combination from my paddle lock from boot. Jeez, maybe we are nuts. NAAAAHHHH.