close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

It (she?) finally arrived

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Texas T, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Jan 25, 2000
    W7YBY
    It took over a month, but my 2001 Connie finally hit the driveway tonight at 7pm. I can't wait for the light of day to give it a good bath and onceover.

Photos...
    http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=3652

2. H.I.M

H.I.M

Dec 18, 2004
    Congrats on the new ride! She's a bute

3. Texas T

Jan 25, 2000
    W7YBY
    Thanks. Just got back in from my first serious ride in 25 years... put on 163 miles and that's plenty for today. My butt is sore. :)

4. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

Sep 13, 2001
    Katy, TX
    Nice ride. I miss TX; it was 30 degrees with flurries here.

5. Texas T

Jan 25, 2000
    W7YBY
    It hit 80 today, but windy as hell... gusts to about 30 kts. It was NOT enjoyable when I'd hit a big spot with no trees around me to slow down the wind.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    I put in nearly 450-miles just this last weekend about half and half on Saturday and Sunday. Butt is good. Back is good. Knees locked up a bit and the right hand's numbness increased quite a bit by Sunday's afternoon, but I gotta get used to racking up the mileage. I had to deal with a slight drizzle and some crosswinds as well but nothing too bad.

7. Texas T

Jan 25, 2000
    W7YBY
    Another 50 today. I have to ease into this. I got a MASSIVE cramp in my upper left thigh after riding the other day, and it started to cramp up a little today. Maybe I just need more fluid intake before I go riding?

I too want to build up my endurance. There is a SS1000 in June from Houston to Ft Stockton and back that I'd like to ride, but I don't think that 2-3 months will be enough for me to build up to that long a ride.

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Yes, drink lots of water BEFORE, DURING and AFTER!!! Also, check out your seating position. It could be that your legs are curled up too high as well. You may need a higher seat. Also, have faith in the ride. I'm already working up to 300-mile one-day ride, and my bike is nowhere as comfortable as yours. If that seat doesn't cut it, you'll have to go aftermarket and I highly recommend Sargent seat. It ain't cheap but it's superb. You can either buy a seat from them or send your seat in for them to reupholster.

http://www.sargentcycle.com