close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

It has gotten people killed

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by countrygun, May 27, 2013.

1. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

and it's still happening.

My wife just tried some internet "route finder" for a trip she is considering.

Now you have to understand that we live just a few miles away from a 'road' in Oregon called "Bear Camp Road. For those who missed the news story a few years ago, that is a road that does not belong on a proper map. People get killed up there. It is "sort of" passable in the summer if you are used to driving on one-way, one lane logging roads. In the winter it's a death trap.

A family got stranded up there not long ago and the husband died. That is the third case I can remember in the last 12 years, and those are just the ones that made national news.

Yes, that stupid website she was on lists it as a short cut from the southern Oregon coast to the lower valley.

Google, Oregon, Bear Camp Road.

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist
    Expand Collapse
    *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. Show Me Glockers

Well, **** the bed.... anyone with a brain knows that a shortcut is the longest distance between two points.