close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Israeli Method of Drawing a Weapon

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Jul 10, 2010.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    I have seen articles of proponents of the Israeli Method of drawing a pistol. However, critics note that there is a delay in racking the slide and if there is a situation where you do not have immediate mobility of the otter hand, you have a big disadvantage.

What is your opinion of this method. In what instances do you see this can work? Lastly, I saw the magnetic safety for a 1911 but not for a Glock. Do you know of anyone who fits their product on one?

I personally feel that it could lead to a delay. However an advantage is if the gun was not retained in a struggle, it would not be ready for immediate use, either.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    The Israeli Method (pistol loaded with full magazine but empty chamber, known in the US as Condition Three per Col. Cooper's definitions) makes sense with a gun that is not "drop-safe" and can accidentally discharge if dropped. There were many such pistols in Israel's collective armory in the early days.

I personally don't carry guns that aren't drop safe, and always have a round in the chamber. The exact circumstances of our need for the defensive handgun will not be predictable, and we may have only one hand available or otherwise be in a position that makes chambering a round awkward. Therefore, I do not use or recommend carrying with chamber empty.

I looked at the magnetic safety for the 1911 when it was first offered and did not find it reliable. I've not seen one for a Glock. The one such system that does work is the MagnaTrigger, available on K-frame and larger Smith & Wesson revolvers from Tarnhelm, www.tarnhelm.com.

Best,
    Mas