close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Israeli iTAC Defense-IMI Defense Glock Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 3/4Flap, Jun 2, 2011.

1. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap
    Expand Collapse

I have nothing but praise for this Glock holster. I've been carrying both a G17 and G19 in this little paddle holster on ski jaunts in the moutains, in town concealed carry and for ranch chores now for a while and it has served me very well.

I think I've posted enough here for the membership to know I use gear hard and under tough conditions. I like this paddle holster. I make my own...leather...but this thing has got me rethinking holsters in general.

Easy on, easy off the belt, it stays put for me when I draw. Very light weight as well.

When I first saw them I thought "Fobus". Interesting, because when I contacted the distributor, they told me the CEO of iTac was from Fobus and his goal was "to make a better product".

I am not here to beat up Fobus holsters, as I hear very good reviews from them as well, but this one is a one-piece injection molding and works really well. I like it, and I'm a leather guy...maker and user.

I think they make a few different models, but the one I have has a tension screw which is really handy to use, tight when skiing or doing chores on the ranch and lesser when carrying under clothes and being forced to window shop with my better half... :supergrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since I've never seen them for sale in stores, here's some contact info. No, I do not sell them. Wish I did...

customerservice@itacdefense.com

http://itacdefense.com/home.aspx

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 3/4Flap, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap
    Expand Collapse

Backside;

[​IMG]

3. ck1

ck1
    Expand Collapse
    Some Dude

I use one now and again, it really is much better than a Fobus, one-piece instead of cheap rivets and the paddle locks on to the belt tight... plus, for tgose of us who don't need the retention, they're offered with no dangerous button to push with your trigger-finger.

4. wolf19r

wolf19r
    Expand Collapse
    Problem Solved!

Nice looking holster.

5. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap
    Expand Collapse

Good assessment.

Yes, the one-piece construction eliminates the rivets, and the loop prevents damage to the belt also.

I like the thing, and want one for my BHP, also.

6. GTlight

GTlight
    Expand Collapse

#6 GTlight, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  7. CrackerKen

CrackerKen
    Expand Collapse

That company also has the ones where you depress a button like a Serpa. I had one of those for my G30SF, and I liked it a lot. They are also sold under the name of RSR, and CDNN sells them, here:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rsrdehose.html

They don't sell the ones like the OP showed though. I like those too. I wish I could live in that part of the country - prettier than the flatlands of Florida.

BTW: The Fobus Evolution holster series has the retention adjustment screw, making them better for adjustable retention. The original Fobus holsters could be hard on the draw.

8. CrackerKen

CrackerKen
    Expand Collapse

9. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the tips. I got mine thru iTAC. Wasn't aware of the other dealers.

10. carloglock19

carloglock19
    Expand Collapse

That's a nice holster and awesome review. I have one for my 1911 that I use from time to time and it works great.

11. alexcc

alexcc
    Expand Collapse

Forget the holster... More pics of where you live please :supergrin:

12. Glock 17L

Glock 17L
    Expand Collapse
    *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Nice looking holster for the money..
    Is the bottom open? Could a G34 or 17L fit in it??

13. CrackerKen

CrackerKen
    Expand Collapse

Great idea!

I must compliment the OP for the nice photos. They should use the first one for marketing.

14. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg
    Expand Collapse
    BTF Inventor

Looks like a good holster. There buttons on serpa's are not near the trigger guard, and are in no way dangerous. That said, not everybody needs that level of retention. For those that don't , this apparent improvement on fobus looks like a decent low end holster.

15. dpadams6

dpadams6
    Expand Collapse

how do they compare to the blackhawk serpa?

16. 125K9

125K9
    Expand Collapse

Although I presently have a drawer full of holsters, literally, your post has my attention. How close does this holster hold the pistol to your body? Does the holster stay rigid? In other words, I made the mistake of getting a "revolution" holster for a SIG of mine, and while it works, the plastic is so inferior that the pistol "wiggles" around alot, for lack of a better word.
    I'm more envious of your home/lifestyle. Coming from being born/raised in the Appalachians to the flatland, the mountains are really missed. Unfortunately, making a living prevailed.
    Beautiful pictures that brought back memories.

#16 125K9, Jun 3, 2011
  17. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap
    Expand Collapse

Answers;

Bottom is open, and the G17 sticks out farther. Both fit snugly and very closely. The tension screw adjusts just how tight you want the gun to be held. I really like that as for me the tension I want varies depending on what I am doing and a quick turn with my screwdriver blade on my pocket knife settles it.

I've tried ripping the holster off the belt and it does NOT pull right off. Of course the snugness to the body depends on the tightness of the belt and also the width of the belt. This is not a beltloop type. At first I was skeptical about the security on the belt but it has turned out to work very well in practice. A couple falls on the skis and everything stayed put for me.

I normally wear full or 3/4 flap leather holsters of my own making on the trail, but tried this one under my anorak and it went very well, and it is LIGHT.

As for other pix, I've posted a bunch on here and on the 10 Ring section. No doubt more to come. Thanks.

Mostly green now, still snow on the ridges and peaks. These are pix from Memorial Day, last Monday. I drove the 4 wheeler up thru the mountains till I hit snow, then skiied up over the top of the peak and top ridge, then ditched the skis and hiked down the other side that is inaccessible otherwise, then back up to my skis and back down. Thought I might ambush a bear. No bear, but the day was like many others, a hard pull but very enjoyable none-the-less.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking for foraging bear from a rock ledge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#17 3/4Flap, Jun 3, 2011
  18. DFin

DFin
    Expand Collapse

Do they keep the pistol as close to the body as the Glock OEM concealment holster?
    I have an Uncle Mike's kydex holster that sticks too far out from the side of my belt to be effective for concealment. I hate to buy things and then find out I don't like them.

#18 DFin, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  19. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap
    Expand Collapse

DFin:

I doubt anything holds the gun closer to the body than the Glock holster. The iTAC would be similar in positioning to a Fobus. Grip is readily grasped and for heavier {...fat...} fellows I think it would be very concealable. I don't pack much spare blubber so it tends to stick out farther than the Glock holster. I can conceal it with a loose sweatshirt or jacket.

You'd have to try it to see how you like it.

I like the Glock holster, but it has one tension grip. The iTAC with the adjustable screw allows easy adjustment thruout the day if you like, depending on use. I wasn't sure if that would even matter when I got it, but it has become a feature I use constantly. Since my activity varies so much, having the ability to change from loose "bucket" tension to very tight and everything in between comes in very handy.

20. Dan

Dan
    Expand Collapse