close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Israeli Carry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Jake Starr, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Jake Starr

Jake Starr
    Expand Collapse

How many know that you can carry Israeli with or without a round in the chamber?

Can you tell me?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Rumbler_G20

Rumbler_G20
    Expand Collapse

I'm not an Israeli, so my information is second hand. But it did come first hand from some IDF trainers I worked with last year.

The civilian programs calls for unchambered carry. But they have a very fast very . . funny looking . . technique for getting that round into the pistol in a big hurry.

Again, second hand information. And given the amount of unbridled joy they got out of introducing me to the receiving end of their black tipped simunitions, it would not surprise me if they were not yanking my chain just for kicks. :upeyes:

3. Rumbler_G20

Rumbler_G20
    Expand Collapse

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdZ3hZ8y-w"]The Israeli Instinctive Combat Shooting Method: AGI 301 - YouTube[/ame]

Found a demo. Dang, they were not just yanking my chain. Watch the arms when he loads the pistol.

4. slickt0mmy

slickt0mmy
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I do not train with the assumption that on the most unfortunate day of my life I will be able to get into a perfect bent-knee stance, have both hands completely free, draw, turn my firearm sideways, rack the slide, aim, and fire.
    I go with the assumption that the encounter will be fast and sloppy, with an awkward stance and only one hand free (possibly my non-dominant) and all I will have time to do is draw, point, and fire.
    I don't claim to be an expert but IMO, Israeli Carry bases it's entire philosophy on the hope that you will encounter a "perfect world" self-defense situation. But if this were a perfect world, none of us would need to carry firearms in the first place.

Hope for the best. Train for the worst.

5. Sgt_Gold

Sgt_Gold
    Expand Collapse

Are you serious?:upeyes:

If you carry with a round in the chamber why rack the slide when drawing? Or are you one of those 'hollywood' types?:whistling:

6. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith
    Expand Collapse

And like in another thread here, if you are a 65 year old man that has just been pushed off a bicycle and beaten by three thugs, you gonna have time to draw AND chamber a round?

Now the guy in the video has a) no coat, b) large pistol, c) in broad daylight, d) no one shooting at him, e) no one grappling with him, f) TWO HANDS.

Honestly, if you fear having a chamber loaded simi-auto, just pack a revolver.

Deaf

7. pipedreams

pipedreams
    Expand Collapse

:goodpost:

You beat me to it........................

8. Lior

Lior
    Expand Collapse
    GUNS=FREEDOM

What gun owners really need is a G17 that makes a hammer clicking noise before shooting, as heard in the Matrix.

9. hawgrider

hawgrider
    Expand Collapse

I'll stick with one in the chamber and don't have to worry about some slight chance of something going wrong especially under stress.

#9 hawgrider, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  10. Pierre!

Pierre!
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Personally, I would like to get at least 1 round off...

They didn't demo the *speed* to load the pistol when (not if, we know it happens) the first round nose dives (for whatever reason) and yer standing there with a pistol that has a slide jammed open?

When you get one round off, at least someone is running for cover... and I will probably be that person! :supergrin:

All firearms ARE always loaded when holstered, condition 1, for me at anyway...

Fun Video! Needless to say, you won't see me pressing my luck by picking a fight... :rofl: They certainly do load and fire quickly!!!

Patrick

11. Jake Starr

Jake Starr
    Expand Collapse

Great comments so far. And it is doing as I had hoped.

Israeli carry is NOT the same thing as carrying C3 or without a round in the chamber.

Israeli carry is more of a technique and a mindset.

I carry "Israeli" every time I carry a gun. Sometimes I have a round in the chamber, sometimes I do not. It is all situation specific... If you don't understand what I am saying, well then, you don't understand what it means to carry "Israeli."

12. dosei

dosei
    Expand Collapse

Technically, there is no such thing as "Israeli Carry". There is, however, the Israeli Draw Technique...which was developed around idea of carrying C3 with all manual safeties off. The Israeli Draw Technique is part of the Israeli ICS (Instinctive Combat Shooting) Method. The fact that the Israeli Draw Technique was developed around C3 carry has, over time, resulted in the term "Israeli Carry" being created and used as the popular term for C3 carry. This, despite the fact that C3 carry was the norm (for auto-loading pistol carry) for all the world for most of the last century...including the US. C3 carry is still the norm for much of the world. But since it was the Israeli's that developed a draw technique for C3 which became fairly well known, the term C3 carry has fallen out of "vogue" in the US and has been replaced with the term "Israeli Carry"...resulting in a great deal of confusion and misinformation regarding C3 carry. And the vast majority of people in the US that choose to carry C3, have absolutely no idea what the Israeli ICS Method is or how to properly execute the Israeli Draw Technique.

#12 dosei, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  13. Spiffums

Spiffums
    Expand Collapse
    I.C.P.

<Insert the Not This Stuff Again! jpeg>

14. bear62

bear62
    Expand Collapse

I'm in my 70's AND have bad arthritis in my left hand. (I shoot right handed). Sometimes it is difficult for me to actually "rack" the slide....... SOOO I carry with one in the chamber.... Be safe........:wavey:

15. Glenn E. Meyer

Glenn E. Meyer
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't the OP start this discussion every once in a while. Boring.

16. Quarter Tank

Quarter Tank
    Expand Collapse

I agree. always carry a hot round

17. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr
    Expand Collapse
    Senior Moment

Oh, goody. Another C3/'Israeli thread...haven't had one in at least a week!

:faint:

18. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Why the infactuation with Israeli carry and use of pistols?

:headscratch:

19. Amsdorf

Amsdorf
    Expand Collapse

Why the infactuation? Probably the same reason why some people have nearly 22,000 posts on this site. Infactuation can be hard to explain.

;)

20. mdsn969

mdsn969
    Expand Collapse

I always carry in condition 3.

To each his own, no one will change my mind and I won't change anyone's mind.

So why don't we drop this discussion and talk about vaccines or school prayer :whistling: