close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Israeli attack on Iran close...again. what if?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by jdavionic, Aug 20, 2012.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I cannot recall how many times we've seen reports that an Israeli pre-emptive strike on Iran is going to happen in the near term. Now, it's being reported as likely before the election.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/netany...efore-us-elections-claims-israels-channel-10/

3 questions -
    1. what do you think the probability is for a strike before the US election?

2. if there is such an attack, what do you believe is the near-term impact to the US?

3. have you made any changes to your preps based on the latest reports?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. bdcochran

bdcochran
    Expand Collapse

1. I have no basis for doing any probability analysis.

2. The near term impact will be a multitude of articles/website postings by people that THEY had the capability of reading tea leaves and said articles/website postings will find support for any cockamannie theory or position that was already held.

3. Absolutely no impact. If you gave me an absolute time when said attack would happen in the next two weeks, I would cease my current project of cycling the stored gasoline through the car and drive down and promptly fill up the empty cans that are piling up during the effort.

3. jdavionic

jdavionic
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I suppose I should have offerred my answers as well..
    1. Like you, I wouldn't (nor would any here) have the data to do an analysis. We can only speculate. With that said, I think Israel will act in the best interest of Israel. I don't think they care about Obama or any impact to the US elections. Can't say I blame them either. However I don't see why the next 3 months would be any different than waiting 6 months. Of course, they have intelligence data that we do not.

2. Near-term impact - panic at the pumps. I figure gas prices would soar. This will drive all sorts of other items to increase in cost as well.

3. No changes to my preps. I already have gas stored, food, water, etc.

4. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot
    Expand Collapse
    OIF 04-05

1. what do you think the probability is for a strike before the US election?

2. if there is such an attack, what do you believe is the near-term impact to the US?

3. have you made any changes to your preps based on the latest reports?

Answers to your questions:

1. Who knows, Israel does as it pleases when it pleases them, regardless of what the U.S. advises. So I say cut off the millions we send them. Let them have at it and stay out of it. We can afford another war...PERIOD!

2. Gas prices and other products will be off the wall putting our economy in even worse shape.

3. No! I'm not going into panic mode for something I have no control over. Besides it will mostly effect our economy not my personal safety.

5. jdavionic

jdavionic
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Well, that's the nice part about being prepared. You shouldn't have to panic for a potential situation that arises. At that point, it's already too late to effectively prepare because everyone else who sees the threat is also panicking.

6. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Not much.

The military budget and potential for deployment would go up and I'd be happier.

Nope.

7. mac66

mac66
    Expand Collapse
    Huge Member
    Millennium Member

Israel will clean Iran's clock, hopefully for good this time.

It is doubtful it will have any affect on me even if we decide to join in and wage war.

8. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

It would not surprise me to happen at any time.

I would presume AFTER the election since Zero won't help them but there is a point where Israel will have nothing to lose and go regardless.

It will not surprise me to hear a nuke has gone off in Iran, courtesy israel.

9. wjv

wjv
    Expand Collapse

10. AZ Cat

AZ Cat
    Expand Collapse

I suspect an attack before the election. If Obama wins Israel cannot count on US support of a post election attack. If they strike pre election Obama has to support Israel or lose the Jewish vote. I don't know the probability but I am expecting an Israeli attack on Iran prior to the election...it's the logical decision to make if you are Israel.

Outside of a short term rise in gas prices I don't think such an attack will have a material impact on me personally.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

11. BR549

BR549
    Expand Collapse
    Thread Killer

I'm about as prepped as I "think" I can possibly be with my financial, transportation, and real estate assets.

Shelter, water, food, water acquisition/production/processing, food and nutrition acquisition/production/processing/preparation are stored as well as I "think" possible.

Medical and first aid supplies should be reviewed and possibly increased at a few locations...as well as reevaluated for BOB and transportation.

BOB - it's been an off year in that I haven't been on as many wilderness trips. I've been traveling for various other "consulting" engagements and evaluating/acquiring/remodeling real estate. However, that has kept the BOB/GSEFB tested and stocked just the same....as well as the transportation.

Automated tools. Check.
    Manual tools. Check.
    Old school tools and methods. Check.

Building supplies and materials? Maybe I should review and obtain more.

TP. Check.
    Hygiene, clothing, and sundries. Check.

Fuel. Top off all locations more regularly when and if an action becomes MORE likely.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Israel-Iran, I don't know what else to do about it. We've been hearing about it and seeing these "types" of headlines for years. I hope for the best for Israel. I hope Iran will completely change course in a positive way....or be thwarted in any endeavor they may undertake to do or help others do bad things.

News of the likelihood of an action will flood the mainstream media before it happens, but will still be a "secret" attack as to when....as if it hasn't flooded the media already...it just can't be noticed above the political noise of the November US elections.

Question 1? :dunno:

Question 2? Fuel prices increase greatly and rapidly, causing prices for almost everything else to do so. Stock market problems. Commodities market increases. UN issues arise for US and Israel because noone will back Israel but US, and we are a big question mark on that.

Question 3? See first sections of this post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting article regarding Israel using HEMP on Iran. If HEMP happened anywhere else in the world, it would help us (US) understand its effects more, how to harden against it..........but also invigorate others to do it against US.....as if they don't want to destroy US already.

:tagged:

#11 BR549, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

That "article" also mentions the possibility that they could EMP the whole area INCLUDING ISRAEL but power would be back on in a few days. WTH? I thought EMP was a crippling years-long recovery event?

13. BR549

BR549
    Expand Collapse
    Thread Killer

:rant: double post

Israel "can" clean Iran's clock. However, I don't know if they "will" because I don't know "who" will do "what" to dissuade them from it or who "might" attempt to prevent it politically or militarily.

#13 BR549, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  14. LongGun1

LongGun1
    Expand Collapse
    StraightShooter

+1 :thumbsup:

Topping off maybe..

..but the bulk should already be in place. :whistling:

15. Kozel

Kozel
    Expand Collapse

1 Coming up on 100%

2 Hizballah has sleeper cells in every major US city for a reason. 9.11 is going to look like summer picnic day.

3 No

16. jdavionic

jdavionic
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I just don't see this as a possibility. Perhaps ignorance on my part, but I just think that even if it is possible to keep it localized, Israel would create an environment where nukes become a more acceptable method of warfare.

17. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

Hey, we took out Iraq and they didn't even attack us. If Hezbollah wants to bring war to the continental U.S. then they are signing their own death warrants and they know it.

18. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Russia is the wild card,will they aid Iran.'08. :dunno:

19. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot
    Expand Collapse
    OIF 04-05

Ahhhh I'm not so sure about that. Israel was getting its azz whacked pretty hard when they entered Lebanon in 2005. I don't think they have much steam without the U.S. backing them. Just my thought.

20. Kozel

Kozel
    Expand Collapse

You are talking about people who want to die so that they go to muslim bordello in the sky.
    You do not understand that there is an entirely different mindset based on entirely different morals called islam and especially shia islam. They believe it is their duty to create as much chaos as possible to bring Mahdy back.

Hizballah is controlled by Iran. Why would they attack US for destroying Iraq, their main regional enemy?

US took out Saddam and gave control of the country to Shia and basically gave the Iraq to Iran.