close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Islamic Terror: Is It a New Threat?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Paul7, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

2. snowbird

snowbird
    Expand Collapse

Satan has come up with various evil systems over the ages; communism, Nazism, but Islam predates those by over a millenium. Our Christian ancestors were smarter than we've been so far -they knew what a scourge Islam is and fought it to a standstill at Tours, Lepanto, and Vienna, temporarily rolled it back in the Holy Land during the Crusades, and rolled it back until today in Iberia (but leftist dhimmis there are now undoing that hard-won victory).

I pray for wisdom in the West's leaders (and populace who vote for them).

3. BossGodfrey

BossGodfrey
    Expand Collapse

Nevermind

#3 BossGodfrey, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  4. Altaris

Altaris
    Expand Collapse

Is it a new threat? No.
    The threat of Islam and Christianity have been around for a long time. Islam just happens to be the most dangerous/violent to the world at this point in time.

5. English

English
    Expand Collapse

Surely that can't all be true. it must be some kind of propaganda! And even if it were true surely they can't be behaving in a similar way now can they?

Actually, no!. It was, give or take a little, all true, and they are still behaving in a similar way now where ever and when ever they can. I wonder what Akil has to say?

Good find Paul. My atheist frieds should read and learn. I don't think Christian history can come any where near this.

English

6. snowbird

snowbird
    Expand Collapse

Your modesty is refreshing.

And of course, not only atheists, but all of us should learn what's good for us and what isn't. Unpacking the official lies of our Leftist Establishment (such as 'Islam is a Religion of Peace') is now critical for every sentient Westerner.

Remember General Casey's infamous remarks after Major Hasan jihad-murdered all those GIs at Fort Hood? "It would be a shame...if our diversity became a casualty". Paraphrased as, "Give me diversity and give me death". I respect General Casey's service over the years, but one dumb remark can undo a lot of good.

7. Rally Vincent

Rally Vincent
    Expand Collapse
    Bipolar

I'm pretty sure the actions of the good Major already undid that.

8. scottz0369

scottz0369
    Expand Collapse

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be), our first military action outside of our borders was against Islamic terrorists in the form of the Barbary Pirates as immortalized in my beloved Marines Hymn lyric -- "From the Halls of Montezuma, To the shores of Tripoli".

Semper Fi.

9. English

English
    Expand Collapse

I believe you are correct, but the Barbary Pirates made the western Mediterranean barely passable from the 16th Century to the early 19th Century except for European countries which had enforced treaties on them from the latter part of the 17th Century onwards as they became strong enough to do so.

They were part of the Ottoman Empire and their main profit came from the white slave trade to Muslim countries and it made them very rich. This was not something done against the wishes of the Empire but with its support. They not only seized shipping and enslaved their captives but raided coastal areas of Mediterranian Europe for slaves. As a result the whole of the coastal areas of France and Italy were made uninhabitable.

In the 17th Century, more advanced ship designs and building methods brought there by Northern European pirates enabled them to extend their slaving raids up and down the Atlantic coasts of Europe and Africa. They raided as far as Iceland - blond women were especially valuable.

The US punitive raid was the basis of the last treaty enforced on them and effectively brought their trade to an end. This was not because they kept their word but because the forces against them were overwhelming.

English

10. Brucev

Brucev
    Expand Collapse

Islam remains what it always has been, a self-avowed knife at the throat of all men.

11. DonGlock26

DonGlock26
    Expand Collapse

Islam has been a threat to all non-Muslims since it was created. This is why they are currently at war with Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, ect.

_

12. Akil8290

Akil8290
    Expand Collapse
    Saracen

Really? Its done nothing but wonderful things for me:

-Given me faith.
    -Has given me a direct relationship with God.
    -Makes me strive to be a better person.
    -Taught me respect for other faiths.

13. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Nope, not to me. It's been here as long as I've been alive.

I do understand that there are good muslims, that mean us no harm. I like them, and advise them not to hang out with the bad guys, and to keep their distance.

I usually advise twice the blast radius of the most common ordnance used by the US in the theater, as the proper distance to keep.....

[​IMG]

Don't blame me for not trying, either way.

14. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

When has Islam not been at war? If they have no one else they go to war with each other. This is just the same thing as always they just figured out how to run a computer and get on an airplane.

I have the advantage of not having a religion in the fight. It isn't really neccessary. I look at my Country, founded by Christians (despite the revsionist lies) I see how far it has come in less than three-hundred years. ( Think about how many targets the scum of 9/11 had to choose from). Despite the Islamic control for centuries a large part of their domain is still a%$#%-hole.

Let me see, in our intervention in Bosnia not long ago, who did we really protect from ethnic cleansing?

No, folks, we are the best, I am not going to hang my head when I say it, I am not going to apologize for it. Their insane war on everything around them threatens the best this world has to offer, their offer is to try and drag the world down to their level, and I deliberately use the word "DOWN"

15. English

English
    Expand Collapse

This just isn't fair! When we think that a particular war is Muslims going to war with Muslims that is just an error on our part. from the Muslims' point of view the other Muslims and just not proper Muslims and so deserve extermination as much as infidels. I hope this has cleared up this misunderstanding for you.

To be serious, and in a way that was serious, the dramatic progress of the USA in the last 300 years did not start from nothing. Its background was more than a century of the development of the philosophy and practice of freedom in Europe and parts of Europe. The interesting thing about that was not just its development but that the development was possible within the then current religious and political framework of society. That was a close run thing that had developed over the previous 3 or 4 centuries. The USA was just the most recent positive development of this long process and is still far from perfect.

When we look at Islam we see no such leeway for the development of freedom, but an absolute determination to maintain and extend religious and political domination. This determination is much the same as that demonstrated by the Church of Rome, even before it became known as Catholic. Bloody as its efforts were, it was nothing in comparisson to Islam which, as you say, has achieved nothing worth having in all its time.

English

#15 English, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  16. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

That's fine.However some muslim adherents have a running body count and it will increase.Until the non-violent muslims reign in the violent ones,the derision will remain.'08.

17. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail
    Expand Collapse

Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all the same. They were born during a time of ignorance. How could a follower of any of them be so arrogant as to think they're right and the others are wrong. The world would be better off without any of them.

18. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

The god/s achieve their power by their flock,the more in the flock the more power they have.That's why the christian god trumps all,more worshipers.'08.

:popcorn:

19. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Lump atheism and all the other religions in there, and you have a very good point.

20. Norske

Norske
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Islam's primary opponent today is all forms of secular government that have adopted the doctrine of separation of church and state.

The primary practitioner of which is, of course, the USA based upon the Constitution.

Sun Tzu said, "know your enemy as you know yourself, and you will not be defeated in a thousand battles".

Failure to understand exactly who Islam views as their true enemy is failure to understand our enemy, Islam.

Comparing Islam with other religions is completely moot and a waste of time.

This is no longer a war between religions.

It is a war between governmental systems.

Our best defense against Islam is to insist that all nations adopt secular government and separation of church and state. WITH insistence upon governmental respect for the liberties of the individual.

Including freedom to follow any religion (or even, no religion), so long as that religion (or absence thereof) is voluntary on the part of the individual.

#20 Norske, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012