Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Is your Walmart still out of ammo and when does yours restock?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by flw, Feb 7, 2013.

1. flw

Apr 4, 2012
    Two questions to you all.

First, is your local Walmart still out of range type of ammo in the most common calibers ?

Second, when does you local Walmart restock ammo (if at all) ?

Mine tends to restock at the beginning of 3rd shift since it is a 24x7 store.

I have not been there in the past month so I don't know if mine is semi-stocked with common range ammo.
  2. jfost11

Aug 18, 2012
    In the woods, VA
    Two weekends ago, the only handgun ammo my local WW had was two 20 rd. boxes of .45 ACP. Last weekend they had a partial case of 9mm and two boxes of .40 left as well as some .380. I don't know when they received it but I did hear the guy behind the counter at 7 pm say he brought out that particular case earlier and they had already gotten and sold one case of 9mm earlier in the week.

3. Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    Still bare empty shelves :crying:
    We need a thread of "where to find ammo cheap"
  4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    I have 3 Walmarts within easy driving distance; one is on the route I take to work.

They are usually out of everything but shotgun shells and a few deer-rifle calibers, but they ARE getting other stuff in, it just sells out as fast as they can get it on the shelves. They usually re-stock right around midnight, maybe a little later, depending on how busy they are. I work an evening shift, and checking for newly-stocked ammo after work has been more productive than stopping in the afternoon before work.
  5. Delcorbett

Jan 15, 2009
    As long as you shoot 17hmr, 22-250, birdshot and 22short, my walmart is always in stock. lol

Sent from my LG-MS770
  6. bryanda

Dec 28, 2012
    Wal Mart stocks at night, so you need to check for ammo 1st thing in the morning. I've stopped into mine 2 times in the past 2 weeks and found plenty of Federal 9mm that had just come in. The clerk at the sporting goods counter said it would all be gone in a few hours.
  7. jdw174

Oct 31, 2012
    West Tennessee
    My local WM had 3 boxes of Federal 9mm on the shelf last week, and that was the ONLY handgun ammo they had, and the first 9mm I've seen there in over two months.
  8. MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    lol i live in south florida... Good luck with getting any ammo at walmart... been maybe a month with no ammo... Then there is the gun shops... only 2 places sold blazer cci for $14.98 a box of 50 9mm and another store american eagle for $14.98.... well the rest of the stores want $19 to $30 a box of 9mm... and mostly selling for $25 if they even have any...
  9. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I have two Walmarts within 35 miles, and were both sold out last week.
  10. Timkid

Feb 16, 2011
    It all depends when ammo comes in. Ammo comes in on a separate trailer than other items. 99% of ammo comes with store cleaning supplies. So it a is a crap shoot when ammo will come in.
  11. Kentguy

Nov 22, 2010
    Kent, OH

Stopped into my local WM yesterday and the ammo shelves were bare! Just 1 or 2 boxes of some random type of ammo on the shelf. The only item they did have is perhaps 20 boxes of Winchester & Remington 12 gauge.

Restocking... ? (as usual) none of the clerks "working" back there had any idea when (or if) they were going to receive a shipment.
  12. bryanda

Dec 28, 2012
    I want to clarify my earlier comment. Wal Mart stocks at night. They don't get ammo everyday. Most days they do not. But when ammo does come in it's put on the shelf at night. You will need to be there 1st thing in the morning everyday to check the case. Eventually you'll be there when ammo is on the shelf, and before it's bought up by others. This is what I've done and picked up 250 rounds of 9mm in the past 3 weeks. At a good price too.
  13. Tango 1Zero

Tango 1Zero Millennium Member

Nov 8, 1999
    I kept hitting a near by walmart daily for about five days. The clerk kept saying we get a truck in tonight every time I went in. I watched the supply they did have run out of 22 shorts but nothing else restocked.
    I gave up. I keep checking but not as frequently.
  14. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    dbl tap
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  15. Ljutic

Jun 8, 2011
    I took this picture about a year ago for a blog article on the Remington bulk packs. At that time this is what the case would look like on Monday mornings after this store restocked. This store never relaxed the 4 boxes per customer limit from the last ammo run so supply was always good on Monday. I went in last Monday just to look and there was little to nothing in the case other than the new Tula Brass stuff. I have to believe if they were getting supplies from their ammo vendors, it would be going up in the case on Mondays.

16. wdp

Dec 27, 2011
    Twin Tiers, NY
    Last week I was able to get 1 box of Winchester. 38+P,and 1 box of. 38 LRN from a different store. They had a few boxes of Serbian made PPE in. 380 but thats about it for pistol ammo. The woman who waited on me showed me a manifest for 3 cases of. 223 coming in that evening but couldnt tell what brand. It did not look look like domestic ammo by the price. She said that the regional warehouse is out of just about everything and when they do get a shipment it's gone within a few hours.
    I did visit Gander Mountain in Scranton, PA several days ago and they had a better supply however most premium brands in 50 /100 round boxes of just about every caliber were gone. You could get Blazer 250 rounds, & Fiocci in 50 round boxes and they were well stocked in SD ammo but the prices are high so I passed.
  17. dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    I see my local Walmart is now limiting to 3 boxes per person now. Maybe that is why they actually had some ammo when I was there. Only .380, .40 and .45 though and only few boxes of each. Tula brass and Tula steel cased. Never saw the Tula brass before but at $20 per 50 for .40 it isn't cheap.
  18. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    I have been able to get about 6,000 rounds in the last few weeks at my "local" two WM. They seem to stock about 2130 ish. All the favorite cals. 9mm(50,100 rd boxes), .40(50rd), .45(50,100,250 rd boxes), .38(50rd), .223/5.56(20,50 rd boxes,420,1000 cans), 22lr(100,3xx,5xx packs) + others too. Got to get there late or 1st thing in AM. Never know what, if anything will be there. 3 box limit. Doesn't matter if it's 3 20rd boxes of 3 420rd cans.
  19. flw

Apr 4, 2012
    My local, as of 2-8-13, had 2 boxs of 40 and no 380, 9mm, 45, 357, 44 or 223/556 with only a slim mix of 38spl.

Only shotgun stuff was in any good supply.
  20. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    What DJniner said, two Walmarts on my work commute, I try and stop once a week at either or both, hit or miss around the Indianapolis area. Mostly miss!