close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is your vehicle clean?

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Nov 30, 2012.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I had been neglecting washing my pickup for a bit, took her down and had her detailed this afternoon, now I'm ready to go pick up the chicks:supergrin:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  2. Jefs

Jefs CLM

May 28, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Clean rides are the way to go. Go get 'em Okie. :wavey:

3. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

May 1, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Mine is pretty clean with the excption of some water bottles in the back seat. I am planning on getting it detailed next month.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Yep. The last one didn't rate getting cleaned on the outside (except for the glass), but the new one is clean inside and out.

Magnus2131 likes this.
  5. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

6. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Jan 7, 2001
    Plano, Texas, Republic of
    okie, your truck is white.
    It will always look smudgy, no?

You do her up in Realtree® and the smudgy blends right in.

<--- will get car washed tomorrow

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Just washed it last night. Put an order in for 60+MPH gusting wind and torrential rain to Gaia and she delivered in spades! Truck is all nice and clean now!

8. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    You are right as rain, Doug:supergrin:

Magnus2131 likes this.
  9. rppnj

rppnj

Feb 1, 2006
    My 2006 Ford F150 5.4L XLT Super Crew is always clean...except after my Grandchildren have spent the day with me...but that's OK...I just wash off all the sticky fingerprints after they're gone!

10. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    One of the things I was taught years and years ago was to never hire someone until you saw the cleanliness (not price, model or age) of their car. HH

11. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

Feb 2, 2005
    State of Denial
    My car is filthy. I don't make my bed, either.

My employers love me. I keep my roommate's kitchen spotless.

12. No I dont think ive washed it over 10 times since I owned it. Its a 2006 Hyundai Sonata..its just not anything I can get into as far as giving a crap about its appearance..too mundane and blah...works well id recommend it for a daily driver and reliable transport but its just BLAH...I cant get up and want or desire to actually clean it...same with the car before that....A Subaru Forester...same old BLAH deal..now ive owned cars I actually liked, thought were cool, and took pride in in the past A Mustang, a Taurus SHO..those 2 cars I actually LOVED to clean...I was meticulous with them I ALWAYS wanted them to look good and always got compliments on them.

Here is to hoping my next car can be another car I really LIKE and not just some BLAH piece of basic transportation...I WANT a cool car..just too hard to get with all the stuff I want on it they either suck for MPG or too expensive lol...Id like something NICE looking,Sporty,AWD or 4x4 that gets 25+ MPG highway. And a Sonata isnt that :)

so no its neither clean nor do I care lol :)

13. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    I enjoy detailing my cars. Today besides cleaning the interior, I took out the spare tire to clean underneath it, cleaned the gas cap and engine compartment. I'll be removing the wheels to clean behind them tomorrow and Monday I'm going to clay bar and rejex.

I try not to go overboard though :supergrin:

14. sciolist

sciolist

Nov 11, 2009
    PNW
    They were before I started shooting, but they are full of range dirt now. I just can't keep up with it. Guess I need to get a truck...

15. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Did you check the air in the spare? I did the exact same thing to my wife's '06 last week and the 60psi doughnut was at 15... HH

16. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Jan 17, 2007
    Lone Star State
    My truck is almost never clean. The inside is usually pretty clean, but I only wash the outside once or twice a year.

17. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Jan 17, 2007
    Lone Star State
    My wife and I are both that way. We're very organized and detail oriented at work, but the complete opposite at home.

18. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Same here. Our cars and workplace are tidy but if our house was a motel, I'd demand my money back. HH