close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is this AR worth the Price?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Apetrulis01, May 14, 2012.

1. Hello: I have found the following rifle for sale and wondering if it is worth it: Approximately 2000 rounds through the gun.

Noveske N4 16.1 Inch Midlength
    LMT Complete Lower Receiver
    Noveske Branded Troy BUIS
    Magpul Asap Sling Plate
    Magpul Miad FDE
    Magpul Trigger Guard
    Magpul CTR FDE
    Magpul BAD Lever
    CMT Ambi Safety
    Geisselle SSA Trigger
    Primary Weapons System FSC556
    Bravo Company Mod 4 Charging Handle
    Samson Evolution 11 inch Rail
    Daniel Defense Rail Mounted Front Sight
    GG&G Rail mounted sling swivel
    Vtac Two Point Sling FDE

Will throw in a couple of pmags as well.

Seller is looking to get 1400 but maybe able to get lower. Is it worth is, I think so.

Adam

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Buying those parts would cost more than that, but buying someone else's home build is always a little risky. I'd have to inspect it first.

3. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama
    Agreed

4. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
  5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Yup. Too high of a chance that someone bubba'd it, and you'll be left holding the bag.

Sent from the USS Sulaco, while nuking the site from orbit.

6. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Aug 21, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Alot of nice goodies(aside from the BAD lever, just IMO), price is less than the cost to build. But as others have mentioned, was it built right? I would certainly want to meet at range, shoot it first! And if you aren't very familiar with the platform, ask if he'd mind you letting a gunsmith look it over. If he hesitates on either, walk away.

Assembling an AR isn't rocket science, but you'd be amazed at some of the screw-ups that happen often enough with "home builds".

7. CPatt44

CPatt44

Jul 5, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Not a good price with the round count. I wouldn't pay more than $1000.

8. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Agreed.

And who puts all that nice stuff on there, then uses a Samson rail........

I wouldn't pay above $800 for a homebuilt with 2k through it. If i paid it at all.

9. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Love the responses. 2K rounds is nothing in a 5.56 gun.

I've got a home-assembled carbine that has 3K rounds through it, and I will stack it up against any NIB $1500 factory rifle out there for accuracy and reliability.

I agree that the gun must be inspected and fired first. But $1400 for a gun made of quality parts that shoots well? No problem.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  10. Decguns

Decguns

Dec 29, 2003
    NC
    As an FFL, I won't even buy or take as a trade a home built AR. If it blows up in your face, what can you do? Nothing. You're stuck. Your home built AR may be worth a million $$$ to you, it's nothing but used parts to me.

The service life of an AR barrel is about 10,000 rounds. With 2000 rounds through the rifle, there's plenty of life left, but I'd be curious if there's any cleaning rod wear. Not just at the muzzle. Steel rods will erode (round) the rifling in the center of the bore as they flex. That's why you pull a bore brush through an AR, not push.

11. Thanks for the responses. So $1000 is a good price for the gun?

Adam

12. OK, talked to the guy some more. Basically he bought the Noveske Upper complete along with the LMT complete lower. The parts he switched ouot were the trigger and the magpul accessories.

Make it any better hearing this?

Adam

13. phinfan

phinfan

Oct 5, 2008
    I do not exactly understand some of the comments here, i would not pay extra for a home built gun, but if the parts are good, there is no reason, as far as i can see, not to buy it.

I have put together a lower, and as far as i recall, there was no fitting required. I believe the bolts do not even require fitting, i believe that subject was covered by Adco gunsmiths on the AR15 forum. I just do not think that platform would always require the same skills as a 1911, or a M1a might to perform at a high level.

So to summarize, if you have two rifles, one a real factory Noveske, and it's twin, but with a Noveske upper, and Noveske lower receiver with all high quality known parts, i would think the factory gun would be worth more.

It would cost more also because of the excise tax, but i would be interested in the other gun as long as the price was right, and it performed correctly.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  14. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    First, it's overpriced. Plus, you never know what someone might have screwed with internally that can come back to bite you in the ass later.

15. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    1k puts it in the range of possibly worth it, but only if you get the rifle thoroughly checked out first, to make sure nothing has been screwed up.

16. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    I personally would not buy someones build, simply because I like to get my guns new. You never know what someone else can "upgrade" on a gun to make it not work like it should.

That said if, he's a AR guy who knows what he is doing and you know it got built correctly and not molested, those are quality parts he's using so a 1k offer would be OKAY.

17. Rancher

Rancher

Jun 3, 2003
    SW Missouri
    I'd stick with the Colt or Sig you talked about last week. NIB with a warranty is the way I prefer to go.

Rancher

18. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Seruously.

How many rounds does Filthy 14 have through it?
    2k is too high of a round count?:rofl::rofl: