close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is there any way to find out

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by John Rambo, Nov 15, 2011.

1. John Rambo

John Rambo
    Expand Collapse
    Raven

A county deputy showed up at my house today before I was home from work. Pulled into my yard with his lights on and came and knocked on my door, questioned my neighbor about who the homeowner was on my property and of course got nothing. Not sure why, alls I know is that the cruiser was there. I've got the date and a rough time, and I know it was county. Is there any process I can go through to see who pulled a cruiser onto my lawn with lights ablaze then left without so much as leaving a card and why? Or will I basically get told to pound sand?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 John Rambo, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. PawDog

PawDog
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Call and speak with the Sheriff or PIO.

3. trdvet

trdvet
    Expand Collapse

Call the SO and ask how you go about getting this info and try to talk with a patrol supervisor. Could be nothing, who knows.

4. collim1

collim1
    Expand Collapse
    Shower Time!

I doubt the lights were really on.

I cant think of any reason I would pull into a driveway with my lights on....ever.

5. John Rambo

John Rambo
    Expand Collapse
    Raven

So, call (the non emergency number, I presume) and ask for the PIO or patrol supervisor? Gotchya, thanks.

6. John Rambo

John Rambo
    Expand Collapse
    Raven

Thats the oddest part. They pulled the cruiser into my yard, not into my driveway, says the neighbor and my grass. My bike was parked in the driveway, but there was still plenty of room to fit even the largest of cars next to it. A 4,000lb Crown Victoria leaves noticeable temporary marks in the lawn. Add to that the fact that prior to stopping at my house they were at a neighbor's house who is of concern to our community, and I'm just curious as to what was going on and if I should know anything or can provide any helpful information.

7. trdvet

trdvet
    Expand Collapse

The PIO will normally work regular business hours so if you call at 6pm you will most likely talk to a patrol supervisor.

8. beatcop

beatcop
    Expand Collapse

Call dispatch during the same shift and ask if anyone is "looking" for you. They may shout it over the air....don't worry about it.

9. nikerret

nikerret
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Awesome

You don't work in the county, I presume.

10. toddmog

toddmog
    Expand Collapse

Our PIO works 10-8, M-F. We might be the exception and not the rule though. As others have said, call the non emergency number and inquire.

11. Hack

Hack
    Expand Collapse
    Crazy CO
    Gold Member

Inquire, or inquire.

12. blastfact

blastfact
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like there is some explaining that needs to be done. Good luck with that....

13. Sniperfox

Sniperfox
    Expand Collapse
    Kopfjaeger

If the deputy did in fact have his emergency lights on, it may be that he was answering a call but was unsure of the exact address. You posted that he inquired from your neighbor about the the homeowner and "of course got nothing." If you don't mind me asking, do you mean that your neighbor refused to say who the homeowner was? If so, why would he do that?

14. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Don't forget to report back...

15. PawDog

PawDog
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

+1 on this.......Sounds possible he was responding to a 911, and needed to know who the owner/resident was at this address. I know where I live, very rural area, private road off of a county road, with few actual house addresses posted it's hard to find an exact address.

I had an ambulance crew knock on my door one night last year looking for the right address. It turned out they were looking for the neighboring property owner.

#15 PawDog, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  16. John Rambo

John Rambo
    Expand Collapse
    Raven

Refused? No. He said he did not know the information the deputy wanted. Which may be true, I don't think I have ever discussed who owns my property with him. We're a pretty close-knit couple of neighbors and not in the habit of sharing details about eachother's business which we are unsure of with obviously unknown consequences. Anyone with an internet connection can check the property records on my house to see who the owner is if they need, anyhow.

Russ, I'll call today on my lunch break or when I get off work and will post back my results. Thanks again for the direction on who to call, guys. I would've called completely clueless and probably spent an hour being shuffled around otherwise.

#16 John Rambo, Nov 16, 2011
  17. scottydl

scottydl
    Expand Collapse

If you politely explain to a supervisor that a police car/officer showed up at your house, parked in your yard with lights activated (you weren't home at the time), and you would like to know what was happening... they ought to be able to tell you something.

18. collim1

collim1
    Expand Collapse
    Shower Time!

Nope, I a city kitty.

19. Sniperfox

Sniperfox
    Expand Collapse
    Kopfjaeger

I don't think that taking time to check the county property records would be very helpful when trying to locate the scene of an emergency.

#19 Sniperfox, Nov 16, 2011
  20. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent
    Expand Collapse
    Rude Member

But they do it on CSI all the time.