close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is there any place in the world that has AR uppers IN STOCK??

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Drjones, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Man, I am watching my dreams of a completed AR for Christmas dissipate with each mouse click......not a decent upper in stock ANYWHERE.

Does anyone have a stash they can clue me in on? :dunno: :crying:

ETA: Looking specifically for a completed upper, carbine-length, BCM with a quad-rail. Free float would be ideal. I have had my eye on a couple at MidWest Industries, but they haven't responded to my email, do not answer their phones and all voicemail boxes are full.

Additionally, they recently edited their website to disable online ordering for uppers & say their uppers are "call to check, in-store pick-up only."

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    Rainerarms.com
    Dsgarms.com

Both have plenty of uppers. Palmettostatearmory.com does as hell but they have a spotty reputation.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    The end of the world is 12 days away and you do not have an upper?!? :wow:

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    OP, are you looking for a bare upper receiver, or a complete upper receiver group?

5. Sorry it was late when I posted this thread, I modified my OP to clarify.

6. I really had my eye on this one: http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1113

But MI doesn't seem to want to sell any to anyone who doesn't physically walk through their doors....

BCM themselves have these listed:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-M4-Upper-Receiver-Daniel-Defense-p/bcm-urg-m4 16 ddox7.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...eiver-Centurion-Arms-p/bcm-urg-m4-16-c4-7.htm

But both are a bit more than the MI in my first link. Are they truly better handguards? Because that's all that's different between them...

I guess at this point I'd be willing to pay a little more to BCM directly in order to actually get something.

What do you guys think?:dunno:

7. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The DD OmegaX rail on that first BCM link is one hell of a rail system, IMO.

8. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.

9. I'm positive that I want:

- To mount my SF X300

- Possibly a vertical foregrip (might make my girl more comfortable when shooting, we'll see what she likes)

- At some point, an Aimpoint or EOTECH.

- To not mess with trying to install a FF handguard myself.

The lower is no big deal, but the handguards.....uh-uh....

10. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Unless you're bound and determined to mount that X300 in front of the front sight (as opposed to at an angle beside/behind it), you can accomplish all of that with a MOE handguard. I put one on my new PSA middy upper, and it's rock solid. Weight isn't bad, either, and it gives me plenty of flexibility to mount extra gear. At the moment, it just has an IWC low-profile QD sling socket (requires drilling the hand guard) and a MOE vertical grip. I'm considering a small rail segment on the front to support my Surefire 600 Scout, though.

11. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.

Here you go (this is a lightweight barrel)

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-mid-16lw%20ddl9.htm

Here is an M4 with omega

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-M4-Upper-Receiver-Daniel-Defense-p/bcm-urg-m4%2016%20ddox7.htm

12. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    +1 to this. MOE guards can put most of your basic needs on, light, sling mounts and vert grip.

13. Yeah but how is it functionally different than the Centurion or Midwest Industries, and how is it better in a way to justify being over $100 more than the upper with Midwest handguards?

I'm totally OK with paying for quality, hence my decision to go with BCM, but I also think there's a point where you see diminishing returns.....

14. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
  15. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    That one would be my choice.:cool:

16. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    In my experience, the DD rails are the strongest rails for the weight I have tried. I have the DD Mk. 18 RIS II (upgraded, 2-piece Lite Rail, basically) rail on my SBR, and I can't make that rail flex if I try - yet it weighs barely more than the Troy/VTAC 9" tube I replaced with it (when you account for barrel nut weight and the rail segments for the VTAC). The DD rail was significantly more expensive, but it's a much better design, IMO.

The DD is .5" longer, is a full quad rail(as opposed to using bolt-on segments), and still weighs about the same as a slick 9" rail - that's pretty damn impressive.

17. Thanks for the clarification, WoodenPlank. :)

So what are your thoughts on this unit here:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-M4-Upper-Receiver-Daniel-Defense-p/bcm-urg-m4 16 ddox7.htm

Thanks for the suggestion on the MOE....I'm embarrassed to admit this because I know function should come over form with defensive guns, but...I just hate the way they look.

I like the look of the quad-rail, in addition to the functionality of being able to mount whatever I want directly to it without buying additional parts like you do with the MOE. :embarassed: