Is there a solar storm or something?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by CitizenOfDreams, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Yesterday my cell phone had a weird glitch. It hung up with a white screen and all lights on; didn't come back when I pulled and reinstalled the battery either.

A few hours later the phone powered up, but I couldn't pull my phonebook records out of it. It responded to some AT commands (+MODE, +CIND etc) but not others (+CPBS, +CPBR). I reflashed the firmware, restored my phonebook from a backup and it came back to life. Never seen a KRZR do that before (and I've had 4 or 5 of them in the last 5 years).

Fast forward to today... I'm sitting at my desk, reading good old GlockTalk. All of a sudden I get the Blue Screen of Death, the computer tries to reboot and says: "BEEP - BEEP - BEEP".*

*Translation from ComputerSpeak:
    All alone in the moonlight
    I can dream of the old days
    Life was beautiful then.

Sure enough, one of my memory sticks went completely dead. Fortunately, I still have 5 of them left so the computer is chugging along with 20 measly gigs of RAM.

Am I just unlucky, or is there some solar storm going on this weekend? :dunno:
  2. Loading...