Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Is there a more perfect conceal carry gun than a Glock 26?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Two Guns, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    I have been carrying daily since 1981 and my answer is no.
    I think the Glock 26 is as perfect as it gets to a conceal carry gun.
    The G26 might not be the best handgun but I think it is the best conceal carry ever.
  2. GCreggs

Jan 28, 2013
    I do like the feel of a G26, but dont own one... yet! I'm going to carry a G19 (once the permit comes though... a couple more weeks!), which is just a slight bit larger but still easy to conceal. I've heard some say that the 9mm doesn't pack enough punch to conceal, but IMHO a clean shot with a 9mm will get the job done the same way... just less messy ;)

3. Perfect for you? Yes. Perfect period, no. Glock needs to remove the frontstrap finger humps. They don't fit my fingers and I hear this is common among those with big hands. Only the G20/G21 frames finger humps fit my fingers, the smaller frames do not.
  4. GCreggs

Jan 28, 2013
    Ahh.. yes i could see that. But don't guys with larger hands have problems will all subcompacts? I mean, i need a mag extender in order for my hands to fit around one and im only 5'11" 180lbs. I could see the issues with big mits and small weapons.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Oct 30, 2009
    My answer is Yes; the G27, 33 and 38 :supergrin:
  6. Consort

Jul 29, 2011
    I am a Glock Fanboy, but my vote would go to the Walther PPS in 9mm. Some have referred to it as the single stack 9mm that Glock should have manufactured but didn't. YMMV.
  7. H-D

Jan 15, 2013
    I don't think there's better for CC, but that's just me.
  8. I have a G23 (3rd Gen) and had the same issue with the finger humps. I ground them off and stippled and it works for me now.

For me, my LC9 is the perfect CC pistol (after installing a Galloway trigger kit). I do appreciate that the G26 is one of the best overall CC guns, just not for me.
  9. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I don't know that it qualifies as the best single choice but based on its size, longevity, reliability, and cost it is certainly among the best choices.
  10. onearmsteve

Jan 15, 2013
    south carolina
    i love my G26 and wont carry anything else
  11. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Oct 4, 2009
    The Twilight Zone
    Yes! Smith & Wesson M&P9C

I had a Gen 3 G26 and I much prefer the M&P9C. Better ergonomics and 12 rd capacity is standard. Plus, like the G26's ability to use the G17/19 mags, you can use the FS M&P 17rd mags.
  12. kaech

Jan 26, 2012
    CG wisconsin
    ↑ OP I to agree the G26/27 are the best CCW fighting pistols
  13. kaech

Jan 26, 2012
    CG wisconsin
    Hey FYI.. s&w,xd,ect. Will have a mag that holds a couple more rounds but its only cause that come with mag extensions PERIOD
  14. AmonRa

Nov 22, 2012
    It's got my vote for sure
  15. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    I'd vote for the Walther PPS as well. Although I sold mine and got a P229, that Walther is about as comfortable as any gun I have ever concealed, bar none. Notice how everyone is starting to make skinny single stacks now?
  16. bear62

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    I don't own a G26..... but wish I did. I love my G27 for carry, closely followed by my G23.
  17. shnev

shnev We The People

Feb 2, 2006
    Central Louisiana
    The G 26 is a fine CC pistol. If Glock made a pistol in the Kahr PM/CM 9 size I would surely buy it. Yes, G26 is the best CC pistol in my opinion. Case in point. I have taken my G26 swimming in the sandy creek a couple of times with no effect on the pistol, or ammunition. Having never swam with my CM9. I am not sure the same would be true for the Kahr. I disassembled my CM 9 yesterday for a detailed cleaning. This hasn't been done since last summer. I found a lot of rust around the back plate, and extractor plunger. The rust was due to body sweat. I have never had that problem with Glocks.
  18. BigSpenda864

Jul 31, 2012
    South Carolina
    I like my G26 for concealed carry and it is my go to gun for concealed carry. However, I wish it was a bit thinner. I like the 10+1 capacity but I wear shirts and shorts when not at work and the gun makes more of an imprint against my shirt than I would like.
  19. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Nov 28, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    By slapping in a $100 Lonewolf 9mm barrel into your G27 -it pretty much becomes a G26. They are almost the same exact gun- same specs . I opted for the G27 because I can simply switch barrels and go from shooting 40 to 9 or 357 in seconds, its like 3 guns in one! Cant switch barrels on a G26. It was a no brainer for me.
  20. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Apr 28, 2002
    Above ground
    I don't like the guns that are so compact that I can't get my whole hand on the grip. I shoot so much better with a full grip that it's worth it to make the commitment to carrying a little larger gun.

My perfect right now is this:

Les Baer Concept X