close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is the pendelum swinging back our way?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by USMC03Grunt, Jan 17, 2013.

1. USMC03Grunt

USMC03Grunt
    Expand Collapse

While I am in NO WAY saying that we can rest easy now, does anybody else feel like the gun control pendelum is swining back in our favor now? Odumba passed through his executive orders that really don't amount to much as far as a gun owner is concerned or at least as heavy handed as they were making it out to be. An AWB may or may not pass in the senate when even some pro-gun democrats (Hiedi Hietkamp from ND is a good example of a democrat that is on our side in this issue) are willing to vote against it and it's not expected to do any better in the house as well even if it does gain senate approval. Finally there are a growing number of states like Wyoming, Texas, Mississippi, North Dakota, etc. that have been moving forward with bills that seek to nullify any further federal gun bans. All this leads me to think that the storm is finally letting up a bit as far as gun owners are concerned. No, I'm not saying that we're in the clear or anything and you still need to get in touch with your congressmen (if you haven't already done so, you are freakin' WRONG!!!!) and stay in the fight but at least things are looking a little better. :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

The next few weeks should clear up the legislation question. But keep in mind, one more big mass shooting and I think it's game over. Feinstein's bill could pass before you know it.

3. chewybaca67

chewybaca67
    Expand Collapse

Too many things at play, like total political polarity with emotions leading the front. Anything can happen.

#3 chewybaca67, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  4. JDSTG58

JDSTG58
    Expand Collapse

In NY, the pendulum is swinging back, but its to lop off our heads the rest of the way.........

5. Dawolf

Dawolf
    Expand Collapse

:brickwall:

They are working using the typical lib tactic, incrementalism.

6. I'M Glockamolie

I'M Glockamolie
    Expand Collapse

There are vast expansions of liberal idiotitis, sparsely interspersed with minuscule pockets of sanity. I think we're outgunned, so to speak.

7. USMC03Grunt

USMC03Grunt
    Expand Collapse

I dunno, tonight I hear that Misouri and Oklahoma are the latest additions to the Wyoming-style legislation that is out to protect the 2nd Ammendment. While I think that places like New Dork, Illinoid, Taxechussests, Kalifornia, Hawaii, Delewhore and Mary(less)land are all planning on passing draconian anti-gun laws, there are also a lot of other great states that are looking to pass laws that protect their citizens against the federals. I guess I see this as a positive sign of things maybe moving back our way again. Still, NOT a reason to give up the fight or even take a minute to rest! Call your congressmen in DC demanding they resist any calls for further infringement and contact your local legislative leaders to support your state in following Wyoming's lead!!!

8. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker
    Expand Collapse
    Urban Redneck

I've been saying for a long long time that nothing will get through the House of Reps. Thus, no rough legislation for gun-owners (no AWB, no mag restrictions, etc). The Republicans get to decide what even goes up for a vote, so I don't even think those things will be voted on.

Tougher background checks will probably make it through in some form.

9. GAFinch

GAFinch
    Expand Collapse

Obama to use re-election machine to target NRA

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...anent-campaign

Guys, don't get complacent on this. Since he doesn't control the House and can't achieve his desired agenda, he has little else to do for the next two to four years except focus on destroying his rivals.

10. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru
    Expand Collapse
    Ban Democrats!!

Mark my words, the dems will make sure that there are more shootings so that they can get the guns.

You watch, it isn't over yet.....not by a long shot!

TGG

11. chewybaca67

chewybaca67
    Expand Collapse

Some whackjob hippie will likely martyr themselves, and others of course, to "the cause" by executing another killing spree in the name of "Gun Free Zones."
    Crazy man, just crazy.

12. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru
    Expand Collapse
    Ban Democrats!!

Yep, and the sheeple will buy it.

What has happened to this country? It saddens me that we have become so pathetic!!!

TGG

13. wingryder

wingryder
    Expand Collapse

I am by no means complacent, I have written everyone within my political chain (and many who are not!), several times with personal notes and letters... BUT, I think that the Obama machine is reaching the end of its political rope. The "grass roots" movement is mostly preaching to their own choir. As far as the gun issue, there are many democrat states that are heavily in favor of guns... in fact, it seems to me, that a majority of rural democrats in the house and senate are heavily reliant on the "pro gun" voters.

I have know a few pro-gun libs, and it has never been a decisive issue for them because they have never been challenged on their gun stance... But just like the rest of us, that see the tide shifting, they will support their personal right to keep their firearm OVER party!

However you want to interpret the Second Amendment, it was written to be, at the very LEAST, an important RIGHT to be able to defend ourselves and our families... not JUST within the walls of our own home, but in society as well. I feel any restrictions on "law-abiding" citizens to own and CARRY a handgun, is a clear violation of 2A!

#13 wingryder, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  14. Nalapombu

Nalapombu
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I have been feeling pretty good about our chances for a while now. Harry Reid really makes me happy he's there even though I wish the Repubs controlled the Senate. He's a great ally. I also didn't know it, but Vermont Senator Pat Leahy who is ULTRA LIBERAL, is also a GREAT ALLY for gun owners. Unfortunately he has signaled that he might cave on a new AWB.

What worries me is that they'll all agree on a new Background check scheme, both House and Senate, it'll make the rounds and get passed. Then the other stuff like a new AWB or mag restriction will get passed by the Senate and then find its way into another piece of legislation like something on the debt ceiling, some tax rate bill, or something else that the Republicans really, REALLY want and then they'll sign onto it while holding their noses. It wouldn't take a whole lot of defectors to pull something like that off either.
    The current makeup of the 113th Congress is:

SENATE is deomcRATs at 55 and Repub at 45 with BiteMe voting in a tie. The election in 2014 the democRATs have 21 seats to defend while the Repubs have 14. About 6 or 8 of those Senators up in 2014 are in RED states or conservative states.

HOUSE is Republican at 233 to democRAT 200.

That's way too damn close for me. We lost 7 seats in the last election. The gun issue is going to really put it's mark on this election in 2014 which as you know, the entire House is up for re-election. If the people really are as PO'ed as they would have you believe, if the House refuses a vote on a new AWB or votes one down, it could mean a democRAT House come the 114th Congress. That would damn near be ARMAGEDDON for Gun Owners. You think you're worried and concerned now, just imagine what we'd be looking at with a democRAT Senate like it is now and a HOUSE that is back in democRAT control with Pelosi as Speaker with enough votes that they don't have to worry. We'll see guns being TAKEN at that point. If they had that now do you really think they would even consider grandfathering the Assault Weapons that are already owned? NO WAY IN HELL.

So I am cautiously optimistic with this Congress, especially the House. It would be damn nice though if Harry Reid just flat out refuses to bring up ANY new gun control laws and takes the heat off of all Repubs.

As mentioned earlier, if there is another mass shooting involving an AR or AK, that would really be tough to stop especially if it was in a school and a lot of children were killed in that one too. I pray to GOD that something like that doesn't happen.

What do you all think?

Nalajr

#14 Nalapombu, Jan 18, 2013
  15. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

Personally I think the black eye of impeachment proceedings is all that stopped Obummer from his Hitleresque attack on the second amendment.

Too much of our population is more interested in Dancing with the Stars,
    and Kim K, than facts.
    Our news media, for the most part,
    is a total disgrace in terms of responsible and accurate reporting.

Cherry picking events to sensationalize and whipping up public
    sentiment with images of children is despicable.

Now more than ever, it's time to be very vocal,
    engaged and involved in fighting for our rights and freedom.
    [​IMG]

#15 barth, Jan 18, 2013
  16. MTHall51

MTHall51
    Expand Collapse

I think MD is trying to be the next most anti gun state in the East. I live in MD and need to stay put so am being as alert as I can be.

17. Jeffe

Jeffe
    Expand Collapse

18. Brucev

Brucev
    Expand Collapse

All is not going in favor of the squatter or his fellow domestic terrorists in the demokrat party. Many of them well remember the time they did a AWB and got pounded at the ballot box. Those demokrats who try to run under less than extreme left-wing colors to gain conservative support for election will not "take one" for the squatter and throw away their free ride for the sake of their master.

It is important that everyone not be fooled into supporting demokrats just because they try to look red enough on the 2nd Amendment. Always remember that regardless of how red they try to look, they are demokrats... they are joined hip and thigh with their fellow terrorists who seek to destroy America and establish that vision of amerika that is pressed by their master in the white house.

19. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man
    Expand Collapse

With the Hussein administration playing damage control over 'fast & furious' and the gaza strip mess, nothing short of a miracle will keep him from being impeached and imprisoned.

20. Rustin

Rustin
    Expand Collapse

I think our passions are far stronger than the vague fear the lemmings for gun control feel. Sure, some are downright ferocious but they usually cry out for gun owners to be shot, which should be damning to their case, but, idiots are idiots. However, I feel that we can and must educate as many pepole as possible, and that goes for everyone one of us out there.

They are on the offensive, and we just need to hold down the fort and let the bonzai infused spirit of the gun grabbers run themselves into the ground.

#20 Rustin, Jan 18, 2013