close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is the Middle East Going to Blow?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by UneasyRider, Jun 23, 2012.

1. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    I just read 7 articles about the middle east ranging from the Turkish jet that was shot down and can't be ignored, Russia warns against issuing ultimatums to Iran... Syria confirms it shot down Turkish fighter jet...Saudis plan to fund 'rebel' army...22 rockets from Gaza; 150 in six days... Egypt military warns Muslim Brotherhood...

So I don't think that things are going that well in the middle east right now. I am also not really confident in the ability of our current president to handle this situation in a way that doesn't get us into trouble.

What do you guys think?

2. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Kansas
    It's coming. The entire Middle-East (and world) is focused on the total obliteration of nuclear-armed Isreal. It's gonna get ugly sooner, or later.

3. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Yes. Can't say when, but I've read the end of the book and it is - someday. Maybe next week, or it may be in my great-great-grandkids' time, but someday it will.

Then again, part of me wants to just say, "The middle east already blows.

4. Akita

Akita gone

Jul 22, 2002
    Sounds like a pretty calm day in the mideast to me.

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

This. That place has been boiling over since it was artificially created by the Western powers and won't get any better but it won't get much worse either. None of them want to go all the way to total obliteration but they also don't want peace so it's just a state of constant turmoil.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    And now there are reports that Israel may have to bomb and send in special ops teams to secure Syria's massive chemical weapons stockpiles at some point.

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Israel should just do what it has to do and get it over with.

8. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    The whole region has been heading toward a major war for years with Israel in the middle. I say stay out of it, unless it DIRECTLY involves the security of the people in this country. WE CANNOT AFFORD IT! Our throops have had enough combat tours, they need a break to refit. We don't need another invasion and occupation of a foriegn country ie; Iraq...Afghanistan. The two things this country has to stop doing is being war mongers(for profit) and being the world police. If we are attacked directly...Go in strike with intense overwelming firepower and leave....not occupy for years and rebuild them (on the American tax dollar)to a better living condition before we attacked. Let them know we are not screwing around..and again leave.

Its real easy for folks to type on the internet and promote war for this country, but unless you were actually in a combat zone or lost loved ones, you have no idea how horrible it can be. So this time I hope we can make sure our soldiers are put into harms way for all the right reasons. History seems to keep repeating itself and we never seem to learn from it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  9. cllrtr

cllrtr

May 8, 2005
    Arizona
    Mr. TangoFoxtrot hit the nail on the head.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  10. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    I hope not. We are simply too fuel invested in the region to be able to handle it.

On the other hand...I really hope so. I am sick to death of us sucking at the teet of Saudi Arabia, the Hebrew/Muslim holy wars, bass-ackwards nations causing me to even have to know their names. And MOSTLY I am sick to death of it all being because oil companies have me right where they want me.

Spinning this into the prep zone: Major Mideast war breaks out and the gas dries up. What do you do?
    - Stay home?
    - walk/bike?
    - Alcohol fuel?

What have you done to prep for such a thing????

11. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa

Amen.

I'm also cool with "If I need to show up, I'm killing every soldier, man, woman, child, dog, cat and chicken I find, then STAYING in the 51st state" And reaping all the natural resource benefits, of course.

But I don't want to do that.

12. inzone

inzone

Aug 20, 2009
    look at Egypt, new prez is so much like Hitler its scary!!!!! buy beans and ammo and have a bicycle!!!!!

13. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Kansas
    I say we need to support Isreal if it looks like they will be defeated but we should NOT do it for them. They need to be autonomous and fend for themselves, excepting a worst-case scenario.

14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Agreed. After sucking it all dry, drop a nuke and turn it into a smooth glass topped parking lot.

15. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    But Lawman800..we simple won't. We will kiss their a**, get our throops killed and rebuild their country better than before...and as for us we continue to pay high gas prices and dump our tax money into the mideast toilet.

16. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    A nuclear armed Iran is not just an Israeli problem.

17. thesurefire

thesurefire

Apr 16, 2006
    Colorado
    Mutual Assured Destruction (M.A.D) worked pretty well as a deterrent between the USSR and the USA in an indefinite time frame....

18. BryanG

BryanG

Oct 8, 2003
    Missouri
    I think our president is pretty pleased with the way things are going in the Middle East. He has supported the removal of stable governments in favor of "rebels" whoever they may be, as long as they are Islamists.

I also believe our president would not be disappointed with $8.00/gal gasoline or the collapse of capitalism.

I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

19. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Penn's Woods
    I used to think it was an "any day now" type of situation where someone was going to push the button and get the ball rolling.

I would have thought Israel would have made some country into a glass parking lot by now. Look how many times they've been screwed with!!

But no....usually the US goes on record about a "peaceful resolution" and just prolongs the inevitable.

Unless every other country stands by and doesn't get involved, I'm pretty sure we're just going to see the same tensions, sporadic attacks, and temporary cease fire agreements until the cycle starts again.

Israel has expressed time and time again that they could care less what other countries tell them to do and that, above all, they will defend themselves. Really?? People fire rockets at your country and you allow the enemy to survive?? Yeah, some defense!

Again, I think we'll see the same cycle of tensions, attacks, and peace agreements until one of the countries steps up the use of force to something WMD.

Until then...nope, not gonna blow any time soon.

-Emt1581

20. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    Surely you are not implying that Iran is analogous to Russia in terms of stability and restraint??? Iran is not the U.S.S.R. they are a religious state that has been more than happy to assure anyone that will listen that they are nuts and barely in control. They will be more than willing to set off nukes, because they do not think the U.N. (nor the U.S.) will have the stones to actually retaliate. They also don't particularly care either.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine