close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is the Long Slide worth it?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by mogunr, Nov 18, 2012.

1. mogunr

mogunr
    Expand Collapse

I absolutely love my G20SF and the longer KKM barrel allows me to shoot pretty much anything that I want to put through it. My question is - is the sight radius advantage of a Lonewolf Longslide worth the money to change over to?

I thought that if it was "all that". I would sell my stock G20SF and take my KKM barrel, Brass Stacker guide rod and 22# spring. Package them up and send them to LW to let them build and test-fire a complete long slide which I would then use atop
    my G21SF. Good idea? :dunno:

2. atyszka

atyszka
    Expand Collapse

If you're looking for a way to spend some $, why not? I've always loved the feel of my G35, it's the perfect length for me, it just feels "right". I've seen a few pics of long slide 20's and they look great, way better than the barrel sticking past the slide.

3. oceanbob

oceanbob
    Expand Collapse

It works for me. I like the sight radius and the ability to simply place the TOP END on any of my Glock 20s or Glock 21 Frames. ​

On one of my OD Glock frames.​

[​IMG]

Mounted on another Black G20SF Frame with a green laser sight as well. Also a 20 round magazine.​

[​IMG]

4. Yondering

Yondering
    Expand Collapse

The long slide works for me; it seems better suited as a long distance platform than the stock setup. Whether it's worth the money would have to be a personal decision though.

With that said, there is still a place for the stock length slide and barrel too. I guess you need both. :) For hunting, I think the long slide is the way to go. For defensive use, the standard length is probably better.

5. mogunr

mogunr
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone experienced dependability issues with their long slides?