Is the Long Slide worth it?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by mogunr, Nov 18, 2012.

1. I absolutely love my G20SF and the longer KKM barrel allows me to shoot pretty much anything that I want to put through it. My question is - is the sight radius advantage of a Lonewolf Longslide worth the money to change over to?

I thought that if it was "all that". I would sell my stock G20SF and take my KKM barrel, Brass Stacker guide rod and 22# spring. Package them up and send them to LW to let them build and test-fire a complete long slide which I would then use atop
    my G21SF. Good idea? :dunno:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone find glock 10 mm long slide ? General Glocking Jul 20, 2015
    SOLD: Glock 20 SF with Lone Wolf long slide Firearms Listings Jul 16, 2015
    WTB Old style Lone Wolf Long Slide for Glock 21 Wanted To Buy Jun 12, 2015
    Thigh Holster for Glock Model 40 (long slide 10mm) Carry Issues Jun 9, 2015
    FS: Glock 20 LW Long Slide. Whole or in pieces. Firearms Listings Apr 15, 2015

3. If you're looking for a way to spend some $, why not? I've always loved the feel of my G35, it's the perfect length for me, it just feels "right". I've seen a few pics of long slide 20's and they look great, way better than the barrel sticking past the slide.

4. It works for me. I like the sight radius and the ability to simply place the TOP END on any of my Glock 20s or Glock 21 Frames. ​

On one of my OD Glock frames.​

[​IMG]

Mounted on another Black G20SF Frame with a green laser sight as well. Also a 20 round magazine.​

[​IMG]

5. The long slide works for me; it seems better suited as a long distance platform than the stock setup. Whether it's worth the money would have to be a personal decision though.

With that said, there is still a place for the stock length slide and barrel too. I guess you need both. :) For hunting, I think the long slide is the way to go. For defensive use, the standard length is probably better.

6. Has anyone experienced dependability issues with their long slides?