Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Is the G31C available in Gen 4 yet?

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by CC Vegas, Mar 1, 2012.

1. CC Vegas

CC Vegas

Aug 24, 2010
    Las Vegas, Hell
    I'm loving my G33 Gen 3 as my primary CC weapon, (Ti Taurus .38 as my second), but I'm really thinking about getting a G31 with the compensated barrel as my bedside gun. I have an XD45 with a light on it now, and it's fine for that purpose, but I just dig the ballistics of the .357 Sig cartridge.

I went to the Glock site and they listed the G31 as available in Gen 4, but I didn't see any mention of the 'C' model.
  2. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    If you ever shoot a compensated 357SIG pistol in a room and without hearing protection, you may well damage both eardums. I wouldn't get anywhere near a compensated pistol for PD.

3. CC Vegas

CC Vegas

Aug 24, 2010
    Las Vegas, Hell
    Good point, I'm a sound engineer by trade. Right now my bedside gun is a XD45 Tact, and I guess I could keep that, but was planning on selling it to fund the G31. Maybe I'll take my SPL meter to an indoor range and test them both.
  4. PghJim

Apr 21, 2005
    Do not go with the G31C. In reality, your effective barrel length will be where the first hole stops because pressure will drop from there. I doubt if you will get much more velocity than your G33, and have a lot of noise and flash. It is always better to put the compensator at the end of the barrel. I do not think the "C" is out yet. One of the dealers in my area carries all of the Glock that are available and he does not have a "C" version of the Gen 4 G31.