close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is the fact Glock is located in GA

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by glocktecher, Jun 10, 2009.

1. influenced you at all to buy one?

I have thought often how nice it is to be able to drive to the HQ for service without shipping hassle, etc.

Just curious.

2. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    No, it didn't. It's kind of cool though. My mom was born and raised there, and we used to go to Georgia every Summer as kids but, the location had nothing to do with my decision to buy one. It was more of how it felt in my hand and how it shot for me.

3. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Incirlik AB

Jan 13, 2006
    No. It was Glock's reputation that sold me and still is.

4. cmcinc

cmcinc

Jan 10, 2007
    Georgia
    +1 to that.

But it also doesn't hurt that Glock is not that far away from me.

5. jonm61

jonm61

Feb 25, 2009
    No, I was sold on Glock's in 1997 by the various reviews in the Gun Magazines. I have, however, used it as the final nudge to sell a couple of other people on Glocks.

6. StoneDog

StoneDog

Jun 22, 2006
    No, didn't matter one bit to me. It was handy though when I wanted a heavier trigger installed on a G23, I just drove over there and waited...

7. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    I purchased my first Glock in February of 1987 when the only model was a G17 and they were all made in Austria. So I guess that's a no.

8. W4CNG

W4CNG

Sep 19, 2002
    In the Gun Room
    Nice to have in town. Also nice to go to Armorers School back in the 1990's while selling them out in Gwinnett County. Love my new G19 just purchased, also have a G21 and G35. No problems with parts or broken parts....

9. moga

moga

Jan 24, 2008
    You don't hear that every day.

It did not influence my decision at all. The quality and features of their products take all the credit.

10. absoludely

absoludely

May 25, 2005
    ga
    nope, it was their quality/reliability that sold me.

11. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
  12. GG45

GG45

Jul 15, 2009
    No, I lived in Savannah when I bought my first Glock. Pretty long way from Smyrna. But now I live close enough to take the AC at Smyrna next month. That will be nice.

13. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Not a GA resident. I'll add that it's nice that they are located in a relatively gun friendly state. Beretta is in Maryland, S&W in Mass. :moonie:

14. The fact that it is a Georgia product actually did help me get my Glock. I was torn between the G23 or a pretty Kimber 1911, Thankfully I looked more at reliability and function over good looks.

I had no Idea that you could go up to Smyrna and get it reworked. I would like to get a Lighter trigger on mine.