close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is prostitution really just capitalism?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Gunhaver, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    I find it strange to even have an opinion on the sex lives of others. I've done some pretty amazing and even a little freaky stuff with lots of girls and never once thought to myself, "Wow, that was so amazing that I should form the opinion that other people should only do it this way under these circumstances. What the hell do they know about sex anyway. I'm clearly the authority here. I mean look how awesome I just was. I will heretofore refer to anything less as immoral and lobby my government to prevent any deviation from my newly declared sexual norm."

Yeah, those kinds of people are ****ing SICK!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Well obviously you don't have any morals mister. Because if you did, then you'd know damn well that you better force those morals on every heathen around you, otherwise they will all rot in hell, and everybody needs to be SAVED!!! :tongueout:

3. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I'm posting only to let others know I've read their posts. I've nothing further to add to my statements, other than to point out the posts since my last post are an indication of the current directions of our country......and our loss of moral integrity.

I grew up with parents of the WW2 generation, and grandparents of the WW1 generation.......and, you can find those in these generations who didn't have a high sense of moral integrity......but, it was what these past Americans universally believed to be truths, which led to a certain level of integrity and honor in relationships, as well as a national identity of honor, dignity, and integrity......this is what is slipping away in America, and I fear for what we have become.

This is not to be misconstrued to mean there aren't examples of current young Americans who "get it".......only that they are a small minority, and not representative of the overall make-up of our country's current conception of foundational beliefs. It is among these young Americans whom I hope will be able to turn the tide for their generation......

ooc

4. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Well, for those of you who want prostitution, drugs, whatever, legalized, I think the good news is that we are definitely headed in the direction of anything goes in this country.

If you just hang on long enough, I doubt there will be anything that you can't legally do.

5. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    If everything is legal, you can eliminate crime.

6. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Sounds great!

Which country are you in, because the one I'm in forbids a person to even light up a cigarette in 90% of businesses, even if the owner is fine with it. In fact the owner would get in more trouble than the person who did it! These rules are getting tighter and more widespread every day. I'm not even a smoker but I fear what the next "unpopular" thing is to be on the chopping block.

So please tell me where you're referring to by "this country".

7. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Stuff like smoking in public and 44 oz Big Gulps being prohibited are anomolies in the general trend of anything goes.

8. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012
    Prostitution is the oldest trade in the history of human civilization. It should be legal if it is not forced upon anybody and involves consenting adults.

P.S. Just to make clear: I am a hard-line conservative and a Christian.

9. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  10. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    If a woman can abort a child from her body, why not let her sell the same? It's only freedom of choice.

11. dbcooper

dbcooper

Mar 2, 2011
    One of the best nights I ever had was with a woman I hated, I guess that's an emotional connection

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Uin-1bSTk"]Kid Rock So Hott - YouTube[/ame]

12. prostitution will be legalized when politicans can decide how to keep a tally on the "tricks" so they can collect their fair share..

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Excellent points here. :cool:

14. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Except for the fact that murder has a victim, and robbing a bank has a victim, sometimes even multiple victims.

Consensual sex between adults, where one gives the other money in return? No victims. Ask the girls in the brothels in Nevada if they feel victimized.

15. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Except when the guy has AIDS. He victimizes the ho.

16. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    And that is exactly why we legalize prostitution and start regulating it. The girls get STD checks weekly, and the guys get STD checks every time they want to sleep with a girl. Only let the STD free guys sleep with the girls, and make sure the girls are always STD free.

17. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    And then there are condoms . . . . :upeyes:

18. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Condoms suck, they kill the feeling. :tongueout:

19. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Is this the cause for all of the abortions every year?

20. I saw that you don't intend to clarify your responses, but I'll merely make a point...

This is all just a part of parenting. Some parents distill into their children that drinking alcohol is wrong even when of legal age.

With legalized marijuana, parents will be teaching children their personal take on marijuana use.

Some parents teach their children that premarital sex is wrong, even after reaching the age of legal consent.

It should be no different to teach children the parents' view on prostitution.

-ArtificialGrape