Is Philadelphia a dead zone for GSSF?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ZombieTom, Aug 5, 2014.

1. I live in Philly and would love to join GSSF, but from the looks of it there's no real action around here. Is that right?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. youngann

youngann Pistol People

There's Topton Pa coming up 8/16 & 8/17. It's about one and a half hours from Philly.

You missed Jackson NJ but you could plan on thst for next year.

#2 youngann, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  3. For June of next year there is a great event in Jackson NJ

Topton is an excellent event well worth the ride

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

GSSF is more of a once a year State or regional type match than a local once a month match that you may be more use to participating in.

5. Hmm, maybe someone should tell this to Mr. Dover? :wow: :rofl:

Scott

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

I think he defines local a little more loosely than the rest of us. That really is part of the OPs problem, local to him isn't local for someone else. If Topton isn't local for the OP he needs to save his membership fees since he won't get much in return.

7. Local is where ever Southwest in to.

8. ede

ede Bama's Friend

And for me someplace I can drive to in a day, but I have made a couple 2 day trips for GSSF.

9. I'm coming to Topton from so far away I describe it as being "near Philly".

I guess that's like telling me I live "near NYC" because I'm in NY State.

10. RonS

Millennium Member

I'll drive 4 hours plus, but more than that is a stretch. Last year we drove to Marietta and back in one day. That was tough and not smart, my wife should not sit for more than hour. So now Park City and Marietta are overnight stays.

11. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Marietta downtown night life is one of the best if not the best GSSF locations. For sure it should be an overnight trip.

12. :thumbsup:

Scott