close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is Obama the worst president ever?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by SIG-SOG, Jul 29, 2012.

1. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

Dec 23, 2009
    DFW
    Is Obama possibly the worst president of all history? How can this anti-american be re-elected? It blows my mind.

2. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    how many people now live off the public dole? you think they'll vote against sugar daddy? nope

how many "my guy got blown out of the water in the primaries...so i'm gonna throw a tantrum and do a write in" brain deads are there? too many.

how many dead people and cartoon characters will suddenly rise from the grave to vote in detroit and chicago? a lot.

3. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

Jan 21, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Absolutely not! That distinction belongs to George "Dubya" Bush.

IBTL

4. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Oct 6, 2007
    AZ
    To paraphrase George Carlin- our politicians are the best that we as a country can come up with. We only have ourselves to blame.

5. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

Apr 11, 2010
    The High Seas
    If Obama is the worst president ever... you can bet on one thing for sure. It's Bush's fault!

6. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So the economy doesn't count then?

7. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    Woodrow Wilson has that distinction.

And, Teddy Roosevelt help to get him elected.

8. arclight610

arclight610

Dec 2, 2009
  9. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    when I was going to one of my Gen-ed classes I asked a woman who was voting for Obama why?

she responded "because he is cute"

for every intelligent voter out there we have a voter that just votes on emotion, or looks, or color. and sadly their votes count the same as ours.

10. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Oct 6, 2007
    AZ
    Knew a girl that said the same thing about W in 2004. It didn't help that Kerry looks like a zombie. :ack:

11. Bigpoppie50

Bigpoppie50

Oct 2, 2010
    He was put in one of the worst situations ever as a president but most of the people reading this would not understand that at all and I am sure not going to try and convince them on a gun forum.

12. Ummagumma

Ummagumma

Sep 26, 2011
    He's a mediocre president. George W Bush and Carter were the worst ones in my times. I'd say Carter wins, but not by much.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  13. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    What made Carter so bad?

14. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF Senior Member

Jun 28, 2004
    USA

The Misery Index and his incompetent mishandling of the Iran hostage crisis for starters.

15. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF Senior Member

Jun 28, 2004
    USA

FDR and Woodrow Wilson are the worst.

16. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    the 1979 oil crisis , Iranian embassy crisis, cutting the military down to the point they didn't have enough ammo and fuel to conduct training , gave the panama canal to Panama , and on top of that the economy was pretty bad

17. Ummagumma

Ummagumma

Sep 26, 2011
    He was much like Dubya - grossly incompetent, acting on personal convictions rather than common sense. However in a way I think he was worse. I can't stand much more of his ideology as opposed to GWB's, and I also think he was even less capable in managing the day to day runnings of the government.

18. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    You are part of the reason why the USA is in the shape it is in.

You don't know history.

And, you don't know that is the decisions that a president makes that affect the future course of a country that is important.

The Misery Index was a result of inflation and unemployment which had their beginnings prior to Carter's presidency. You probably don't know why either.

19. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    Wilson, Carter, Obama.

Did anyone else catch his speech at the dedication of the Bush library? A shiver went down my spine when he talked about the orderly transition of power. I think that in the back of his mind not giving up power is in the cards. All for the very best of motives and our own good of course. I could be mistaken, but with the violence in the country right now, mob attacks, high profile shootings, Iran, Syria etc, I worry.

20. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

Dec 23, 2009
    DFW
    Speaking of cutting the military down to nothing, are you aware of sequestion. Something like $500 billion across the board cuts to the defense budget without regard to what the impact will be. So Obama wants to take our 2nd amendment freedom away, and cuts our defense budget in such an irresponsible manner. This guy is trouble all the way around.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012