close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is it worth waiting for a Glock factory threaded barrel?

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by MikeRowland, Dec 30, 2011.

1. MikeRowland

MikeRowland

Dec 28, 2011
    I am planning to get a threaded barrel for my Glock 26, and possibly for Glock 34 (I do not have it yet).

The two brands that are the most popular among current online retailers are Lone Wolf on low end and Storm Lake on higher end, and I target Storm Lake. But I was told that some major online retailers will get Glock factory made threaded barrels within one month. Is it worth waiting for Glock's? How will they compare to Storm Lake, performace and price wise?

2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    Until they show up and are tested, it would be speculation. You shouldn't have a problem with any of the quality aftermarket barrels. I've used KKM and LW with success.

3. jmack37

jmack37

Nov 4, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nothing wrong with Glock, but I've got lots of rounds through the LW barrels and like them.

4. Triathloncoach

Triathloncoach

Oct 26, 2010
    Atlanta
    Aren't the glock barrels threaded differently to and require an adaptor? Metric? I just dropped a Storm Lake into my Gen 4 19, screw on my Octane 9 and bang, bang, bang.

Kevin And Kali likes this.
  5. Kevin And Kali

Kevin And Kali

Feb 22, 2016
    Knoxville Tn
    Any chance you can post a picture or two? Thanks.

Tally_850 likes this.
  6. PVolk

PVolk

Oct 2, 2009
    Michigan
    Silencerco's Glock barrels are pretty nice too. The finish on my Silencerco is far nicer than any of my LW barrels, but they all shoot equally accurate.

7. My2Dogs

My2Dogs

Jul 30, 2008
    I agree I purchased a storm lake for my G17, they are nitro carbonized and have the standard threads. I have read good things about the Glock barrels also, but people are not selling them very cheap.

8. Kevin And Kali

Kevin And Kali

Feb 22, 2016
    Knoxville Tn
    Thanks 2 Dogs, what suppressor do you have and do you like it or love it?

9. Kevin And Kali

Kevin And Kali

Feb 22, 2016
    Knoxville Tn
    Is anyone else in love with their set up?
    Inquiring minds want to know or what is a POS I shouldn't bother with.
    Right now I'm using 9mm and I'm not really looking to expand into another caliber but who knows.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  10. BWT

BWT

Apr 27, 2010
    USA
    It might be difficult to get a Glock threaded barrel in 26 or 34. All I've seen Glock brand is 17, 19, and 21. The Glock brand barrels have left hand threads so will take a different piston. The benefit I've found is the can will stay on tight with left hand threads; the right hand threads I have to check every mag just to tighten it back up snug (really a minor issue). I use the Octane 45 on my Glock 30, 26, 35, and 19. It works really well. I use Glock, LW, and SilemcerCo barrels. I haven't had a problem with any of them. On the Glock 35 I also have the 40 to 9mm conversion barrel and has worked great. Probably my favorite to use with the can.

11. ironhead7544

ironhead7544

Mar 17, 2016
    Good info on the LH thread. Probably tightens itself.

I heard the G19 barrel can be used with the G26 with no problem. Can anyone confirm this?