close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is it safe...???

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jojo_G19, Feb 9, 2007.

1. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

Oct 2, 2002
    Bikol
    is it safe to order this over the internet and have it shipped here?

http://www.leatherman.com/images/chargeTTi/charge-tti-diagram.jpg

this will be my first time to order over the internet. and i dont know how much will be the freight charger and kung ano pa ng other fees that i will have to pay.

can anybody help me about this.

tnx
    jojo

2. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    I suggest that you compute the charges for delivery, cost of item, etc...also factor in the wait time...then compare it to the price locally, say at SOE (hanep ba sa plugging?) If the price difference is low, then buy it here, at least you get to take it home right away.

3. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    yup i can say its ok!it would be cheaper if u have a relative or a friend in the states who can bring it here for u. u'll be able to save the shipping charges. minsan kasi malaki shipping charges going here sa pinas :) what i usually do is i get it thru internet and have it shipped sa aunt ko sa states.... 5$ lng shipping charge minsan wala pa unlike if u have it shipped here sa pinas. check mo na lng sa site how much if u have it shipped here :)

4. tagaykoyan

tagaykoyan

Nov 26, 2006
    Kyusi
    i agree. i've been buying all of my gun accessories online. between $5 to $10 lang ang shipping charges. and mura pa kasi malakas ang peso ngayon.

no offense po sa mga local stores natin, pero kahit idagdag mo yung shipping charges sa price, ang mura pa rin sa US.

5. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    Of course it's cheaper in the US, because aside from Custom duties, shipping costs, and of course profit markup raises costs here...but on the flip side, there's no wait time, and there are a lot of items that are not allowed for normal US citizens like MicroTech knives that are freely sold here in the Philippines.

6. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

Oct 2, 2002
    Bikol

available ba un sa SOE?? kano kaya? maybe pag konti lang difference dun nlang ako bibili. :thumbsup:

maybe someone from SOE can PM me the price and some details..

Kaiser.. are u from SOE? :supergrin: maybe i can get a bigger discount :animlol:

7. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Why are microtech knives illegal to buy in the usa?

8. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    Yes it is safe to order via the internet and it is safe to have it shipped there. But there is no assurance that you will get it or would the custom guys not hassle you.

Just buy from SOE.

9. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    Yes sir, technically anyone with a credit card can buy these knives in the US, however, the laws don't allow the ownership/selling/delivery of automatic knives to civilians in some states and localities.

For example, the onestopknifeshop has this disclaimer:

Also here's a summary of US Knife laws:

Source: http://www.donath.org/Rants/StateKnifeLaws/

10. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    ah ok, they prohibit all automatic knives. i thought only microtech knives are illegal for a reason.

Also some states prohibit auto knives but others allow it.

Crazy laws. I just cant understand the difference between evil automatic knives and other knives.

11. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    Automatics, spring loaded and butterfly (balisong) arenot allowed in the State of CA.