close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is it possible to get a Glock Barrel with no Markings?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by The Lance, Apr 14, 2012.

1. The Lance

The Lance iGlock

Long story short, is I Squibbed my original Glock 19 Gen 4 Barrel due to a round being stuck in the barrel itself as I fired another round through it.

I replaced it with another OEM glock barrel but obviously the serial numbers don't match. I would highly like to find one somewhere that has no markings on it whatsoever so I can bring it to a laser engraver and have them engrave the markings and serial number onto the gun..

Last I check it wasn't illegal to do.

I would prefer it be a Glock Barrel. not some aftermarket brand.

It really doesn't affect me that much as I will never sell this gun to anyone and will have it for the rest of my life but. Its good to have a gun with all matching serial numbers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Glock won't make another barrel with the same serial number, nor will they make one with no markings.

You could get an aftermarket barrel that has no serial number, but most of them put their brand name and logo on the barrel, and some of them have to be fitted by a gunsmith.

Did that by chance happen with Winchester White Box?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

I'd say that it's highly unlikely that you will find one.

I did manage to get a couple un-numbered G17 barrels many years ago, but Glock has numbered replacement barrels for more than two decades now.

[​IMG]

No, G17 barrels do not work in G19's.... :)

4. The Lance

The Lance iGlock

yes that did. I made winchestor replace my barrel. I could have made them replace my gun but I didn't want to leave it from my grasp. It was my first glock and will always stay with me.

Like I said it doesn't bother me that much but it would be nice to have all parts matching.

I found another Austrian company that makes un marked black barrels but its like 230 bucks. For that price I can save and just get a new gen 4

5. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I've heard at least four reports recently of squibs resulting in bulged barrels with WWB 9mm, I'm surprised they haven't issued a recall.

6. aviator0402

aviator0402

has this issue happened only with there 9mm ammo?

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I haven't heard of it with other calibers, only 9mm. I've heard of a few cases of out-of-spec .45ACP rounds that fail to feed, but I haven't heard of any squibs with other calibers.

8. The Lance

The Lance iGlock

probably because other calibers either cleared through or blew up

9. MikeG36

MikeG36

I heard about the Federal Champion that was recalled but I haven't heard about WWB. Do you have anything official yet or is it still too early?

10. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Nothing official, all I've heard is this report and one other on this forum, plus two others from other forums. It's enough of a pattern to know there's a problem.

If I wanted a barrel closest to the factory look and quality I'd go with IGB, the Austrian company, but I don't know if you can even get their barrels in this country any more. They have traditional rifling so you can shoot unjacketed lead, and the finish is a dark gray plasma nitration, similar if not identical to Glock's current gray barrels.