close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is it legal to shoot hawks???

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by WileyG27, Jun 27, 2009.

1. WileyG27

WileyG27 Got beans?

Jul 5, 2004
    Mississippi
    A hawk moved into my neighborhood and is stalking my dogs... yeah, they're yappers...

Anyway, are hawks protected or can they be dealt with?

2. StogieStang

StogieStang NRA Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    My parents have a hawk at their house that I'm thinking about taking care of on the 4th of July. Shotgun, fireworks, fireworks, fireworks. Neighbors think nothing of it.

3. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    All birds of prey are protected I believe. So much so that the mere possession of feathers of the species, obtained from road kill even, is a federal offense. I could be wrong, It wouldn't be the third time. ;)

4. Think he's right. Now, overgrown crows with irregular color patterns.... well, that there's completely legit!

5. GunOneDown

GunOneDown

Mar 23, 2007
    Kiln,Ms
    Federally protected. All bird of prey are protected as stated above. jail time will be included with fine. If you do it, don't tell a soul and leave no evidence is all I can say. They will get you and the Feds aren't as forgiving as the state guys.

6. alexanderg23

alexanderg23

May 13, 2009
    NW AR
    get bigger dogs lil lady and leave the hawks alone!!!!!!!!

7. G.O.D.! Good to see you here! I'm Slabsides45 everywhere else, but could never get these guys to approve the name (?). :dunno:

8. GunOneDown

GunOneDown

Mar 23, 2007
    Kiln,Ms
  9. WileyG27

WileyG27 Got beans?

Jul 5, 2004
    Mississippi

I'm man enough that I can own any dog I want! Now maybe you need a big dog to make up for your lack of stature....

:tongueout:

10. WileyG27

WileyG27 Got beans?

Jul 5, 2004
    Mississippi

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of...dammit.

Well, anyone got any suggestions on getting the hawks to go somewhere else? Fireworks during the 4th didn't run it/them off.