close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is It Just Me?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by zgar, Oct 11, 2012.

1. blacksheep40

blacksheep40
    Expand Collapse

the lack of pinky finger realestate on a subcompact has no negative impact on your group strength

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. paulbow

paulbow
    Expand Collapse

I find the subcompacts more useful as they conceal better. The grip size doesn't bother me.

3. CDW4ME

CDW4ME
    Expand Collapse

The subcompacts are my most frequent carry since I typically either appendix carry IWB or Smartcarry, short slide & grip is at a premium.

4. AgentM79

AgentM79
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

There's noting you can realistically do with a G19 that you also can't do with a G26. I own both, carrying the G26 in plainclothes and the G19 in uniform. I shoot both equally well. The difference is that my hand hurts after three qual courses (180 rounds) with the G26. With my G19, I'm just getting warmed up at that point.

I can change magazines and give myself a choice of "standard" 10 round, "GAP" 10 round, "Pearce pinky extender" 10 round, "factory +2" 12 round, or use a G19 magazine for 15 rounds. I use the "GAP" magazine for pocket carry (in a DeSantis Nemesis), and the +2 magazine in-gun for belt holster carry. The G19 magazine is always my spare. My "standard" 10 rounders are in my duty bag as emergency back-ups (in a Fobus paddle double mag carrier).

With the change of a magazine, you can turn a G26 into a G19 - for all intents and purposes. The reverse isn't true; you won't be carrying that G19 in a pants pocket holster.

Just my experience - no hate here. I use both the G19 and G26 during my workweek. I'm happy to have weapons custom-tailored to my preferences.

5. xrmattaz

xrmattaz
    Expand Collapse

I carry the full size Glocks, primarily, or my G38.

I have huge hands, but have always enjoyed shooting the subs at the range, but with pinky curled under, always. Tried the GAP floor plates, tried the Pierce +O, and never cared for 'em.

One of my latest favorites, and I may start carrying it, is the G39 with G38 magazine/A&G adaptor. Like a snubbie revolver, this combo is extremely fast out of the holster and on target!

6. Ranger45

Ranger45
    Expand Collapse

I'll admit that I've never held a Glock subcompact. Never really felt the need to pick one up mainly because I can conceal my G19 without any issues.

7. avenues165

avenues165
    Expand Collapse

You read my mind! I will definitely have to give this a try, exactly what I have been looking for!

My problem has been finding a removable IWB holster that isn't super thick and bulky. Or, they are thin but very flimsy.

I do have to say that I really like the Glock Sport/Combat Holster for OWB carry. I loop my belt around the outside of it and it sits really tight against my body. I almost always wear an overshirt, so OWB works fine for me. But I need an IWB removable holster for doggy bathroom trips and walks at night. I am not happy about having to use the .380 in a pocket holster for those quick trips outside.

#27 avenues165, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  8. OhioGlock90

OhioGlock90
    Expand Collapse

I love my G26 and I'm super accurate with it. The pinky hanging off doesnt bother me as much as i thought it would. I do plan on getting a 19 at some point for carry when i have heavier clothing on. I like the ability to carry more rounds.