close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is Hi-Skor 800X an obsolete powder?

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by SimonovsDog, Jul 31, 2010.

1. SimonovsDog

SimonovsDog

Sep 27, 2009
    I was told today that IMR was no longer producing 800X. Can someone confirm that. I am a novice reloader so I am not always up on current news regarding reloading. If this is old news please just post a link. Thanks.

2. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    Can't find anything about this. Shotgunners are the #1 burners of 800-x, and for them, it's metering is not that bad of an issue. I don't see it going away anytime soon, but with the great consolidation underway, you never know.

3. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    I just bought some a month ago. Not sure that it would be discontinued, but I'm not sure.

I suspect I'm going to try #7 and #9 next - unless they come out with a #8. :supergrin:

4. Aloxite

Aloxite Group W Bench

Jun 13, 2009
    I sent an email to help@imrpowder.com asking them about it. I will post their reply when I get it.

ETA -

Well I got an answer back faster than I expected.

Hmmmm, maybe a phone call on Monday is needed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  5. SimonovsDog

SimonovsDog

Sep 27, 2009
    I was told this info by a gun-show dealer of reloading products. I know info you get from gun-shows can be extremely tainted, but I haven't seen 800x for sale at any of my reload supply haunts either.

6. Aloxite

Aloxite Group W Bench

Jun 13, 2009
    Powder Valley has it in 1#, 4# and 8# jugs.

But I haven't seen it on the shelves in any stores around here.

7. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    I bought mine off the shelf of Jay's sporting goods, Clare, MI. Their prices are a tad high, but I was there already, so it made up for shipping costs.