close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is Glock Talk Overrun by Conspiracy Nuts?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by milglock707, Oct 29, 2012.

1. milglock707

milglock707

Apr 28, 2007
    Virginia
    Title of the thread says it all. I don't usually post too much and am more than happy to just lurk and read the threads and comments. However, after reading some of the more recent posts (e.g. the one's supporting Trump), I am wondering if some people are off their medications.

I considered myself a Republican for most of my life but now support Obama because of what I see as the Republican party's movement toward exclusion and pandering to the crazies. The fact that there are prominent people in the Republican party still supporting Trump and his "birthed" movement is insane. Obama is clearly a citizen and there is no evidence to the contrary except for some conspiracy nuts "secret evidence" that is unobtainable.

I have worked for the government my entire life and was there when LTC Lakin disgraced his country and disobeyed a direct order to deploy (a direct order for his superior, a MOH winner, and the only one on active duty at that time). He was wrong and so are the birthers.

What happened to civil discourse about real political issues and the candidates? Why do people on this board have to bring up crazy conspiracy issues to justify their case when a discussion on the merits would work? To espouse these crazy beliefs makes your arguments ineffective and weak. Example: the reply from a former military member who stated that President Obama would never be able to get a security clearance under him because of illegal drug use and lying about it ( whomever you are, you are insane and thank you for retiring because your information is so hilariously wrong it doesn't deserve consideration). The President will receive a security clearance no matter what.

TL:DR: What happened to the rational folks on Glock Talk?

2. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

I'm out ... :upeyes:

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
    You will find few here in GTPI. It is a great source of entertainment though!

4. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
  5. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    Oh my. :whistling:

6. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Better than the usual Reigh-Wing freaks on this site who scream freedom and smaller government until it comes to their Reigh-Wing agenda.

7. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

Boy Howdy ! ...

8. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    All I can say is, "you must not have a lot of contacts in the general population"

There are fewer "conspiracy theorists" voicing their beliefs here than I meet in society in general, and there are more "Conspiracy debunkers" here as well.

Sit at lunch counters, talk to folks at the grocery store etc. You may be in for a shock.

Some people I consider well balanced and generally stable have come out of left field with some of the most outlandish theories, they fit them in to a rational view some how. They see the effects and problems and have the right questions, but when they get right to the final cause............Conspiracy.

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    LOL... Thanks for the laugh. Head back to DU now.

10. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

Nov 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Me too.
    Ugh. :upeyes:

11. p.d.

p.d.

Aug 4, 2009
    Dry Ridge, Kentucky
    If you think that the republicans are the party of exclusion and pandering, you would be the nut.

12. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun
    DU nutjobs/trolls? Yeah, been a lot here lately.You know ;)

13. milglock707

milglock707

Apr 28, 2007
    Virginia
    Thanks for the insight. Maybe I just say a couple and became hyper-sensitive to seeing their views in the comment threads. Nothing irritates me more than government conspiracy theories, because often times the government cannot execute a simple plan effectively within one agency -- much less a secretive and complex plan to fool the American public between multiple agencies.

Only exception I have seen is the Social Security Administration who have some exceptionally hard-working and efficient individuals there. Yes, you may laugh, but they run like a well-oiled machine and have always been helpful to me and my colleagues.

14. milglock707

milglock707

Apr 28, 2007
    Virginia
    Well they are not getting many votes among Blacks, Latinos, women, gays, immigrant groups, and liberal white individuals. They may say inclusion but the votes and types of supporters appear to indicate otherwise.

I am not saying there are not exceptions, but generally speaking it appears to be this way. I don't include the rich in my analysis since they compromise too small of a population to count and live in their own world (be it a rich Democrat or a rich Republican).

15. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    +200

I think the conspiracy is the pseudo-intellectual argument for voting for Obama. What about Fast and Furious? Leaving at least 2 to die in Benghazi and then lying to the American people about it? Are those two of the conspiracy theories to we're referring to?

16. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    yet the dems do not cater to the crazies of the left? you must not have watched the convention

#2 explains it all

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  17. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun
    Nothing irritates me more than ignorance....

Tuskegee Syphilis Study ongoing from 1932 to 1972

Human Radiation Experiments. 1944 to 1974

The 1945 Operation Paperclip

1950 -1970's MKULTRA Experiements

Operation Mockingbird

Project SHAD

Operation Northwoods

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident

The Watergate scandals 1972 to 1974

1990 Testimony of Nayirah

The Iran-Contra Affair

Operation Ajax

Mena Operation

and most recently.....

Operation Fast and Furious

but of course you should always trust what the government tells you, they would never lie :rofl:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  18. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I have to agree. The "Government Conspiracies" generally lead me to a fit of giggles and outright laughter.

19. milglock707

milglock707

Apr 28, 2007
    Virginia
    Nope, both those were bungled and backed-up with facts. I am referring specifically to the "birther" movement and the arguments of "voter fraud." There is no proof of either of these issues. Also, I differentiate between "voter fraud" and "licenses for illegals to collect welfare."

20. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun

No voter fraud? What?? Seriously?? I am done here... you are trolling not trying to be intellectual. :upeyes: