Is Gaston Glock on the same level as John Browning?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ticshooter, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Umm in short, hell friggen no.

Well said.

Sent from my Obama phone.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Not even close. JMB accomplished what he did without the help of any computer. Same with Bill Ruger. They were genius minds. Gaston was at the right place at the right time with a design that made it much less costly for LE to keep&maintain weapons. From a marketing standpoint I think Gaston Glock has them both beat by a long shot though.

3. That's right! JMB is a prophet blessed by the Lord! :supergrin:

4. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

I disagree with everyone here. John Browning NEVER was never talented enough to design a pistol that shot a projectile down the barrel while at the same time geometrically eject a casing that will strike you right between the eyes. Gaston has that market cornered.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#24 hoghunter82, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  5. :whistling:

Trick question... right? :supergrin:

Who all was on Glocks team of designers again? Who all helped JMB in his shop?

I must concur with the naysayers here in regards to your OP query. A very simple... No.

6. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

That about covers it, but.....

Forget about the 1911. Look at the other Browning designs to see why Browning was a master.

7. Perspective is needed.

Somebody mentioned Bill Ruger. Well, despite the fact that his 10/22 design is undoubtedly the most popular .22 in the world, he didn't "invent" much to it. The magazine is from the Mannlicher/Savage 99 he just made it detachable. Now if that was the only gun that had his name on it, would someone compare him to JMB?

8. And don't forget Bill Ruger's contributions to the field of victim disarmament. Still think he was scum for selling out gun owners and endorsing infringements on our rights.

9. I'm going to be blunt...

Quite frankly, I'm astonished somebody could be ignorant enough to even ponder the question. Its just ridiculous.

There, I said it. :upeyes:

10. Exactly......

11. I am truly sorry you caught your wife sleeping with a Ruger factory rep.

#31 countrygun, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  12. Bill died over a decade ago and Ruger sells like 5 types of ARs now.

It's probably okay to let the dead be dead now.

13. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

They aren't even close. Browning was a genius.

14. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. I know this won't be the popular thing to express but.......

Both made fine firearms that are used by military, LE & Civilians around the World.

One uses a lot of small levers, springs and detent balls. The other uses 33 parts.

One you disassemble with a bottle opener, the other a 3/16" punch.

Browning to me is kind of like a nice pocket watch really shiny & pretty gets the job done with a lot of cool gears and Timing.

Glock more like a sun dial still gets the job done, not complex and can double as a door stop for years and still tell time.

Just my opinion.

16. :upeyes:

You guys are really funny...

I know its breaking news to some, but JMB designed more than just the 1911 - a LOT more, in fact.

GG designed one gun. ONE

Even that one gun used featured engineered by JMB.

This thread should have been started on April 1st. :rofl:

17. Not exactly the words I was thinking Brian but I don't want to get in trouble. Gaston Glock couldn't carry JMB's jock strap in any area of anything. :upeyes: :upeyes:

18. With all due respect of Hr. Glock.....

NO.

Never in a million years.

Deaf