Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Is G26 that much better for CC?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Rustin, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Hello everybody I've got a concealed carry dilemma. I currently own a G19 and find it to be a wonderful versatile pistol. I've been carrying this thing for a while now but I've learned that when the situation calls for absolutely no printing the G19 does not work for me. Let me tell you right now that I am skinny as can be at 6', 145 lbs. I've tried various different concealed methods and always seem to print. I've been wondering how much easier the G26 would be to CC. I know the shorter grip would aid in concealment but I still don't think I could get away with deep concealment with this doublestack design. Should I simply get a j frame (much thinner grip) or would I be better served with a G26. I know I will get twice as many bullets with the G26 but I can't risk even minimal printing. To those who know, what say you?
  2. Spartacus100

Oct 14, 2011
    Allen TX
    I carry a G26 daily (banks, church, restaurants etc) in an IWB holster at the 3:00 position and i dont know that it prints all that much. If it does then i have gotten so used to it that i dont give it much thought anymore. What it does is create a slight bulge on my right hip but to the average person, it wont be noticed. Besides, it could be a cell phone as far as they know.

As so many have said on this website and others, people just dont pay that much attention to anything but themselves it seems and much less to each other so something as slight as minor printing will go usually go unnoticed by pretty much everyone. May i ask why you say you cant risk even minimal printing?

And already having a G19 i can use its mag in the G26.

3. cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    A J-frame still has the thick cylinder to contend with.

A PM9/CM9 or something single stack and small sounds like it would be a better fit.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  4. I am 6'1 215lbs. My G26 feels like a brick on my side or in my pocket. I am sure its because I'm not used to it but then again I don't want to get used to it. I am going to try the Ruger or Keltec pocket guns.

5. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

If it's the butt of the gun that's printing then yes, the small difference in the size of the G26 will make a large difference.

If it's the width of the gun that's causing the problem then no, it won't make a difference.

The J-frame will hide about as easily as anything, they are great guns too.

Happyguy :)
  6. lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    I switched from always carrying my G23 to my G27 and I think the 27 is alot more comfortable and easier to hide, plus the little bit of weight difference makes a huge difference IMHO but with the right IWB holster just about any weapon will dissapear...
  7. I don't have a 19 to compare, but I have an XD, which is probably close to the 17 in grip size/printing. My XD goes unnoticed unless I have to bend over. The 26 shows nothing except for a slight swelling on my hip. If you are near Hazleton, PA, you could try mine on for size.
  8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    For me the G26 is easier to conceal than is the G19, but I do not have a huge printing concern.
  9. The Habit

The Habit كافر

Feb 18, 2005
    My 27 conceals marginally better than my 23. However, I'm in an open carry state and if I print or lose concealment I'm not in violation of any laws. Most folks assume a bulge under your shirt means you are packing nothing more than a smartphone.
  10. Lindenwood

Oct 27, 2011
    I think you should try out different carry positions and orientations, as well as cover garments, before getting a new pistol.

I just traded my 17L for my G26, only so I could appendix carry while hunched kver on a bicycle. Otherwise my 17L was no less comfortable, and only moderately more difficult to conceal.

But you will have to either carry the tiniest of pistols, or carrying, in order to get completely bulge/print-free.
  11. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    You need to try different guns to see what fits you best. The G26 will still be just as thick but a shorter grip. I carry a G26 but at time I switch to my LC9 which is a single stack. The LC9 is thinner and still gives me more rounds than a J-frame without cylinder bulge. If you have a local gun shop where you can go and try all the different ones, I would suggest that.
  12. Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I understand that for the most part, average people don't go about staring at other people' waistlines. I to live in an open carry state and in general I am not really concerned about printing. What I am trying to find out is if the G26 can be a true deep concealment pistol on a skinny person like myself. The only IWB concealment I can get away with is AIWB. I'm just not sure if the G26 will help me out that much. Don't think I would pocket carry a G26 but an ankle holster might be a viable option. I need to be able to conceal while bending over and moving around. BTW thanks Breadman but I live in Columbus OH, very nice of you though.
  13. wagonm

Jul 28, 2009
    I iwb 26 and 19, both are acceptable. 26 conceals better in a Mitch Rosen Clipper as it sits low to the belt line. The 19 is in Alessi Watch-6.

BUT, we can never defy physics, a Glock will NEVER conceal as good (and as comfy) than a single stack, or the "real" sub-compact class handguns.

I used to AIWB a PM9 for 2 years (also in Mitch Rosen Clipper), it was all day comfort ... but I trust my Glock more than my Kahr. :supergrin:
  14. guitarmikey2

Oct 7, 2011
    I think the single stack 9mm's like the Kahrs, Ruger LC9, the DB9, the Kel-Tec PF-9 serve this purpose really nicely. I carry a Kahr CM9 as my deep concealment gun and it disappears in my waistband. That said, with the right holster and set up, I think the 26 can conceal very well too.
  15. BrianJ786

BrianJ786 Taking cover

May 15, 2007
    Austin, TX
    My 26 was significantly easier to conceal than my 19. It just disappeared in an MTAC. I'm buying another 26 tomorrow.
  16. kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    I found the 26 to conceal a lot better than a 19 but I'm also only 5'6'', 160 lbs and very slim. The ruger lcp concealed very easily but I felt under gunned. Thats why I got a PPS. Definitely a nice happy medium.
  17. coldmcrider

Mar 2, 2005
    I've had a G19 for about 8 years. Many times I had to leave it home to take something smaller (J-frame, LCP, PF-9). I picked up a G26 around Christmas 2011. It conceals alot better than the G19. Since it is just a thick as the 19, I thought there would be no big difference between it and the 26, but the G26 is much easier to conceal. I've carried the G26 everyday since I bought it except once. I'm really happy with the G26 and I shoot it much better than the J-frame, LCP or PF-9.
  18. DannyII

Jul 25, 2011
    Since you're in Columbus, go to Vance's. They have every conceivable gun you could want to hold in your hand in stock, it seems.

Have you tried an MTAC, or CBST type holster? Moving the clips out really stabilizes the gun, and also gets rid of the bulge of the clip stacked on the gun plus holster thickness. Plus, it's way more comfortable. They are adjustable for cant so you can minimize printing even better.

BTW - I have both the 19 and 26, and I switch back and forth carrying them. For me, the 26 tucks in better, especially when seated anywhere. The extra grip length of the 19 protudes more, obviously, and can print at times. You just have to learn how to minimize that. Bend at the knees, and not the waist, etc. I carry at 3:30-4:00, and no one has every "made me" or said anything to me in 10+ years of carrying. Even family members that know I carry have asked me if I left my gun home. I love their faces when I lift my shirt and show it to them in my MTAC. (only a select few get to see, the rest, I just say, "yeah.") My in-laws were unsure of this whole me carrying a gun around thing at first, but now they feel better knowing I carry, and have sufficient training to protect me/them if I have to.
  19. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Feb 6, 2007
    I do like my little G26 a whole lot. There is nothing better than an S&W J frame for concealability and ease of carrying.
  20. R.T.

Aug 29, 2011
    I carry a 26 IWB most of time and no one ever knows except for those that know me well and just assume I'm carrying. When I'm not carrying the 26, it's a J frame in an ankle holster (I find the 26 to be too heavy/bulky on the ankle). The J frame was the first handgun I purchased as a BUG back in 1980 and it's still a great gun.