close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is Federal LE Tactical HST 230gr +P a Good SD Round???

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Doughnutman_923, Mar 11, 2013.

1. I had accumulated 450 rounds of it before the first ammo Obamalypse back when one of my stops used to put it on the counters for $26.99 for 50 and no one really knew what it was. I had a 2nd Gen 21 then and never had any issues with feeding through it using the HST +P. Every test I've ever seen always looks good but I've never had to use it for anything more than the range. As some have stated already, it's a real "popper."

2. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    "Obamalypse" - I love that term!!!!:supergrin:

3. ABNAK

ABNAK

Apr 22, 2005
    Tennessee
    It's what I carry in my Kahr CW45 (3.6" barrel).

4. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I wish you well with your CW45! :cool:

5. ABNAK

ABNAK

Apr 22, 2005
    Tennessee
    Had trigger reset issues initially. Sent it back. Shot 150 consecutive rounds upon getting it back.....assorted FMJ's and premium JHP's I had (new and old, like MagSafes for instance), to include several mags of HST +P's. No more trigger reset issues, only 2 failures-to-eject with WWB, which I won't be carrying anyway. Every JHP was fine, which obviously of special interest to me were the HST +P's.

In a sustained Firebase Ripcord, 1K round firefight? Probably a Glock. However, for a CCW gun I have faith in the ammo/weapon combo.

6. JDSTG58

JDSTG58

Feb 4, 2008
    USSA
    It's what I carry in my G30. Never a problem feeds well. I've been very happy with it.

7. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I remember when WWB was far more reliable . . . . .