Is Federal LE Tactical HST 230gr +P a Good SD Round???

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Doughnutman_923, Mar 11, 2013.

1. I had accumulated 450 rounds of it before the first ammo Obamalypse back when one of my stops used to put it on the counters for $26.99 for 50 and no one really knew what it was. I had a 2nd Gen 21 then and never had any issues with feeding through it using the HST +P. Every test I've ever seen always looks good but I've never had to use it for anything more than the range. As some have stated already, it's a real "popper."

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

"Obamalypse" - I love that term!!!!:supergrin:

3. It's what I carry in my Kahr CW45 (3.6" barrel).

4. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I wish you well with your CW45! :cool:

5. Had trigger reset issues initially. Sent it back. Shot 150 consecutive rounds upon getting it back.....assorted FMJ's and premium JHP's I had (new and old, like MagSafes for instance), to include several mags of HST +P's. No more trigger reset issues, only 2 failures-to-eject with WWB, which I won't be carrying anyway. Every JHP was fine, which obviously of special interest to me were the HST +P's.

In a sustained Firebase Ripcord, 1K round firefight? Probably a Glock. However, for a CCW gun I have faith in the ammo/weapon combo.

6. It's what I carry in my G30. Never a problem feeds well. I've been very happy with it.

7. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I remember when WWB was far more reliable . . . . .