close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is FED selling information about gunowners?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by darwin25, Feb 15, 2007.

1. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Earlier today I received a call from a certain "Willie" of "Big Len" daw or whatever. He said they are an accredited FA dealer. The guy knows every information about my guns down to the serial numbers and when they were supposed to expire and offering his services to assist in renewing my FA licenses. He doesn't want to admit how did he get my information but I hav cornered him into admitting he got it from FED. What the hell is FED doing bringing out information about gunowners to private individuals? Are they out of their minds?:steamed:

Here is the number of the guy who called me: 687-2276

2. cznayr

cznayr Dis-member

Jun 14, 2004
    That's a bit discomforting.. I'll try to snoop around and ask my contacts if indeed FED as an organization did that or just some unscrupulous employees... It has not happened to me yet... Dami mo kasing baril bro kaya naisip na pagkakitaan ka hehe Seriously, this is a concern for us gun owners...

3. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

That's not a bit for me bro. Knowing that someone out there whom I dont even know knows every detail about the guns that I and my family members own. I already informed deenoh about it and he said he will ask around too.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    bad trip yan ah:shocked:

buti na lang hindi ganyan sa LTO, walang fixer na tatawag para sa registration renewal ng Simba ko:supergrin:

5. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    You guys are screwed. Confiscation na ang susunod.

6. gundog

gundog senior gunner

Jan 12, 2005
    QC
    actually i got a letter if im not mistaken from someone by that name or similiar to that. they were offering their services in licensing, registration, ptt etc. its also the first for me to receive a letter from a gun dealer or something to thea effect. but i just did a dunk into the wastebasket for a big 2. never heard from them since:supergrin:

7. s.g

s.g

Mar 13, 2003
    Philippines
    Happened to me also... but that was years ago, definitely more than 2 years ago pa. Got a letter from our mailbox, which I promptly ignored.

8. Indeed a letter 2 years ago was sent to me as well and I also ignored the same. However, thinking about it now, that they have more than just our names and addresses is freightening.

9. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    I've brought your concerns up with FED earlier today. Hope to hear back from them soon.

10. there is nothing sinister naman siguro. this is just another example of the Pinoys' abilidad! the same thing is happening on thew internet. sabi nga nila, a pinoy can even make a dried fish swim!!!

11. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

Oct 2, 2002
    Bikol
    about 4 years ago.. i have seen a copy of all firearm owner in out region, it includes their respective FAs, addresses and serial numbers pati na rin ang expiration date ng licenses. i knew na galing un sa FED, where else can thay get such data. and guess kung kanino ko nakita......

... sa naglalakad ng mga renwelas ko, he says he has contacts sa FED :supergrin:

if that list fall into the wrong hands.. were doomed :shocked:

12. maskytrading

maskytrading

Dec 20, 2006
    Philippines
    I agree with your observation...might be a case of the usual "fixcals" offering services to facilitate or "walk" the renewals...however, this is "business espionage" which IMO is illegal...info about the gun and owner should be private and for the consumption of FED only...Darwin, I think you should consider reporting this to a "friendly" FED connect.

13. zorkd

zorkd

Sep 2, 2004
    .ph
    i once received mail from the FED reminding me to renew the license on one of my firearms. i took care of it and never got any mail from them since.

this incident, sir darwin, is appalling. i support entrepreneurship but when the government sells or provides for free (right) this supposedly privileged (lawbook citation needed) information to private enterprise, then something is totally wrong.

confiscation, well, it could happen any time, MOLON LABE! but seriously, to deputize a private enterprise to do so would not be the way it will most likely happen, if it does happen it will be no knock warrants done by the government's storm troopers.

14. wunder9

wunder9

Mar 9, 2003
    Philippines
    I also received a letter offer from Big Lens Enterprises for license renewal services. It was signed by a Maj. Bernie Miaque (PAR). I thought the service fees were outrageous and ignored it.

15. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Maybe. But I'd rather assume that there is. And I don't like the idea that someone I dont know or even care to know has sensitive information about me. Those kind of information can be used against me illegally. I wouldn't be comfortable knowing someone out there besides the gov't knows all of my guns and my tools and my capability to defend my home. Is that guy trying to hold me hostage with information he has about me? And wunder9 received a letter signed by a supposedly Maj. Bernie Miaque for a private company? What? Is that suppose to make us tremble and subscribe to their service or else?

16. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    Ehem..cough ....(GMA addresses the nation on all TV channels)...

'I declare, as President of the Republic of the Philippines, under the authority granted by the Constitution, that I'm signing executive order 1091 authorizing the Philippine military to confiscate all guns owned by private citizens - especially that notorious group called 'Band of Glockers' who are just, frankly, a pain in the ass and a bunch of dirty old men. Your guns now belong to the Republic of the Philippines. We must always remember that gun ownership is incompatible with a free Republic and is a privilege not a right.'

(GMA looks at the camera and raises her finger..)

'BOGS, I'm gonna getcha guns. The government knows who owns what and where you sleep...'

(GMA exits the stage to thundering applause of a grateful nation that is now safer because the BOGS have been disarmed)

17. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    This is never going to happen, she's actually going to declare gun amnesty after the elections.

18. elcapitan

elcapitan LION 16

Feb 15, 2006
    qc
    i also received a letter like gundog and was also called at home. i was dumbfounded where they got my contact info

19. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    malay mo:supergrin:

seriously, GMA declared the amnesty since late last year which is odd considering everyone knew gunban na by Jan 13 07.