close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Is Atheism Just Another Hate Group?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by JBnTX, Jun 21, 2012.

1. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Atheists Are Well-Organized Hate Group
    http://christiandiarist.com/2012/03/24/atheists-are-well-organized-hate-group/

"...Atheist activists bear many of the characteristics generally associated with a “hate group,” as defined by the Southern Poverty Law Center, the accepted authority on the subject."

"The Center says a hate group is “an organized group or movement that advocates and practices hatred, hostitility or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other designated sector of society.”

"That pretty much includes the atheist movement."

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 JBnTX, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE
    Expand Collapse

your understanding of Atheism is about the same as your understanding of Libertarians I see. :upeyes:

3. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Those are quotes from that article.

But, is there a difference between atheism and libertarianism?
    One hates God and the other hates government.

Both refuse to accept the authority of a higher power.

#3 JBnTX, Jun 21, 2012
  4. cysoto

cysoto
    Expand Collapse
    Gone Shooting!

Qualifying Atheism as a hate group is preposterous. If the definitions given in the article to qualify Atheism in that manner were to be used as our only guide, the same could be said of Christianity (or any other organized religious movement for that matter).

If you want to see what a hate group looks like, look no further than the Westboro Church (whom btw, I make no claim that they serve as any sort of ambassadors of the Christian movement).

5. cysoto

cysoto
    Expand Collapse
    Gone Shooting!

I don't believe that you fully understand the definition of Atheism. Atheists do not "hate God", they simply state that such being (or any other superior/omnipotent force) does not exist. This is not hate, this is a group of people expressing an opinion.

6. Animal Mother

Animal Mother
    Expand Collapse
    Not Enough Gun

Atheists don't hate God, or gods. They don't believe God or gods exist. That's a very significant difference.

7. void *

void *
    Expand Collapse
    Dereference Me!

I wonde if there's a corollary to Betteridge's Law of Headlines that applies to message board thread titles.

8. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Atheists hate God, religion and religious people.

They're not content to just not believe in God for themselves,
    but they mock, condemn and ridicule religion and religious people at every chance.

They want their Godless will imposed on the majority when they demand that simple words like "Under God" be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance and from money.

Atheists are not content to live and let live. If they had their way religion would be outlawed.

Atheists claim that there is no God, when in reality it's impossible for them to know that.

They arrogantly proclaim that evolution is a fact and creationism is false, when the truth is that both are just unproven theories.

Atheists are the most disliked and mistrusted of all minorities in this country.
    There's a reason for that.

#8 JBnTX, Jun 21, 2012
  9. cysoto

cysoto
    Expand Collapse
    Gone Shooting!

You are twisting the facts to suit your point of view. The last sentence on you previous post makes it pretty obvious that it is you who has a hateful view towards those who do not share your views.

The populous neither hates nor fears religion nor the lack thereof but we do have serious concerns with extremism which you so boldly represent.

10. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE
    Expand Collapse

Because of people like you who dislike and mistrust people you don't understand. Example your dilsike and mistrust of Libertarians which you don't understand.

#10 RC-RAMIE, Jun 21, 2012
  11. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Maybe you should read this:

Research Finds that Atheists are Most Hated and Distrusted Minority
    http://newsjunkiepost.com/2009/09/1...eists-are-most-hated-and-distrusted-minority/

#11 JBnTX, Jun 21, 2012
  12. nmk

nmk
    Expand Collapse

You are absurd. I'll pray for you.

13. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Didn't know atheism was a "movement" but I've certainly never seen them hating anybody. That may be some of the stupidest (and most obviously false) crap I've ever read. let me guess...Westboro Baptist Church?

14. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Saying atheists hate god is as foolish as saying they hate the flying spaghetti monster or any other fake thing you make up from your imagination - anybody who hates god is, by pretty obvious definition, NOT AN ATHEIST.

Same with Libertarians - Libertarianism is a belief about what government should be, if they hate government, they are anarchists, not Libertarians.

Do you ever actually know anything about one single thing you post about here?

Even if that's just stupid stuff you read in an article, it reflects poorly on you, that you seem to believe it or find it worthy of repetition.

#14 Bren, Jun 21, 2012
  15. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

16. High-Gear

High-Gear
    Expand Collapse

What violence has been perpetrated against religious groups in the name of atheism?

Just because some people are standing up to your bullying, doesn't make them a hate group. And yes, forcing me to recognize a god in order to be a patriot and pledge allegiance to this nation is bullying.

#16 High-Gear, Jun 21, 2012
  17. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

18. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Oh SNAP!

:rofl::tongueout::rofl:

#18 Gunhaver, Jun 21, 2012
  19. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Atheists don't like it when religion pushes back.:rofl:

20. scccdoc

scccdoc
    Expand Collapse

I don't think all atheist hate religion and religious people, but react (at times with just cause) to those of us who present ourselves in a self righteous way.Some atheist on this board seem nice, but have a different point of view, some are just nasty, as can be the theists. Certainly you don't want to point out an inconsistency in an atheist's written comments or you will be the object of the nastys' wrath.

Now, the atheists that I know personally are firm in their belief as they know I am.That doesn't stop us from hunting, fishing, bowling, or playing golf. We co-exist by not arguing over things that cannot be proven to a skeptic (either side). I do pray for their salvation............ and they know it........ DOC