close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Is any one selling their evil black rifles

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by bikerdog, Dec 21, 2012.

1. bikerdog

bikerdog

Feb 11, 2009
    Just like the title says. Because of the huge price increase on black rifles in the past few days. Just a quick search on GB. Looks like pos dpms are selling for north of $2000.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    I just sold a nice Colt for $1k shipped. It's garbage price gougers that make things difficult on people.

3. XDRoX

XDRoX

Jan 24, 2009
    San Diego
    I have a few lowers I'm going to sell when they hit the $1000 mark :rofl:

Honestly, all this sh1t is going to blow over in a few weeks and there's going to be a bunch of people with high CC balances that are going to be pretty pissed.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  4. bikerdog

bikerdog

Feb 11, 2009
    This is what im thinking to. And if some one wants to pay me way to much right now for my rifle who am I to say no.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. No, never. I smash all my guns with an sladge hammer and put everything nicely in a cardboard box for them if the day should ever come where I have to turn them in, that way they can't sell them to Mexico and other countries which would be very interested in buying American rifles from civilians. But such a scenario is highly unlikely.

6. GLJones

GLJones

May 16, 2000
    Orlando, Florida
    Not planning on selling but if someone offered an obscene amount of money for it, I might bite.

7. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    Obama has given Biden till the end of January to come up with a plan, which he then intends to pursue vigorously. I would say your weeks is probably going to be more like months, maybe even a year or two in the legislative process. The worst of the price gouging and panic buys might last only another few weeks, but prices are going to be high until there is a definitive outcome. And if that outcome is strict gun control, or any kind of ban, you ain't seen nothing yet. :wow:

8. Leper

Leper

Dec 16, 2012
    I have no plans to sell my Colt. I bought it because I need it. If I wanted an investment I'd buy silver or gold.

9. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    Nope....they're mine.....all mine...ha ha ha.

10. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Anyone else afraid of an executive order in the name of 'National Security?'

11. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
  12. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    Nope....more afraid of a revolt and so are they. Gun people will just laugh at that Joker.

13. Tango 1Zero

Tango 1Zero Millennium Member

Nov 8, 1999
    OH
    Hell yes! They are afraid to go in the deep end. Joe is splashing in the baby pool trying to come up with a way to stick it to us without people flipping safetys off and taking our country back.

14. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Is any one selling their evil black rifles?

Hell no!!!!!!

15. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor

Apr 24, 2004
    Kettering, OH
    Depends how much people are willing to pay. If someone offers me 3k for one, I might unload it.

16. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

I believe the bad news is that this won't blow over.

The good news is that Biden is such a moron that he'll soon lose focus and forget what Obama told him. So, it may take a little longer to enact a ban.

17. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    I think its a coin toss today about whether or not this blows over. I hope so, but guys like Joe Scarboro, Charles Krauthammer and Scott Brown are waving the white flag on assault rifles and high cap mags; that's not a good sign.

The value of our assault-style rifles will trend upward quickly if restrictions on buying new ones are imposed.

I won't sell my Colt because I bought it out of respect for the history and tradition of the M4. I bought my 1911s and Beretta 92 for the same reason. My kids might sell 'em some day, but not me.

18. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

Oct 14, 2011
    Allen TX
    I dont want to but the price i could get for my Windham with a red dot sight, case, 11 mag of which 10 are Pmags and 750 rounds of ammo i could probably afford to pick up the Benilli M-4 and Sig Scorpion 1911 that i have always wanted. But its my only one so its a real difficult decision.

19. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    If someone offers me 3 times what I paid for it, sure I will.

Then I'll go buy something else when all settles down.

If Obama wanted a ban to really work, he would scrap the "infrastructure stimulus" and do a fair-value buyback. With MY definition of "fair" of course........

It would increase our national debt, but he could then scrap half the BATFE and other govenment agencies....

20. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Before this, I already had plans on selling my AR10 type rifle and my L1A1. I wanted to pick up a new ArmaLite AR-10A to update my 7.62 NATO caliber rifle. It can use a Magpul magazine that is used by other AR 10 type rifle manufactures. I thought it would make a nice addition and make it easier for me to find magazines in the future if needed.

Now after all the craziness, I am going to sit tight on my AR10 type rifle. I don’t want to get myself in a situation where I will have a hard time replacing my .308 AR. However, I will be taking my L1A1 rifle to the Gun Show to attempt to sell in order to raise cash for my planned purchase.