close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ironside Barrels

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Young Once, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Anyone have any experience with Ironside Barrels (for m16/m4) from Korea being sold by twin pines? Sobrang mura kasi e.

2. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    how much and specs? Some say (in other forums) so-so quality. I guess mga diehard US fans yon. But on the other hand Korea is turning out lots of firearms

3. Twin Pines has them for P17.5K they have 16" and 14.5" barrels

4. edtf

edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    QC
    1:9 twist? chromlined or SS?

5. The barrel is stainless steel 1:9 twist and in bull configuration. South Korea has one of the best ordnance steel in the world at par with Brazil. That barrel is way better than any "military surplus" (except for the brandnew Bushmaster/DPMS) barrel floating around here. I have installed two barrels in the last 7 months and Im pretty impressed with the performance.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
  7. JBJ16

JBJ16

May 9, 2007
    YOUR BLINDSIDE
    Bought one from Twin Pines in 2004 and built a 24" barreled rifle. Barrel is by Dasan of South Korea, huge arms manufacturer (Google it).

Using the atrocious stock M16 trigger from a bench (80M Armscor Rifle Bay) and a cheap scope and circa '76 WCC surplus ammo, it groups under 1" with 5 shots.

With the hotter Lake City 55Grn FMJ, I can manage 1.5" to 2" with the same setup. Visit the Armscor Range website, http://www.armscorshootingranges.com/ranges/ that's me with the rifle in the Rifle Bay pic.:embarassed:

It so happened that the guy making the website needed some pics, and I was there by my lonesome firing some old stock ammo.:whistling:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  8. Can't open the website. Just want to ask if you had the barrel blued or installed it as is, i.e. stainless steel.

9. JBJ16

JBJ16

May 9, 2007
    YOUR BLINDSIDE
    AFAIK the barrel I bought was carbon steel in-the-white, chrome lined bore and chamber 1:9 twist. Had it hard-chromed at first and then painted the whole thing with Alumahyde II Gray. I have since sold this setup to a friend, didn't see much sense in a "Long Range" 5.56mm. :dunno:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking forward to building a 7.62Nato AR platform with 20" barrel if components become readily available locally.

10. JBJ16

JBJ16

May 9, 2007
    YOUR BLINDSIDE
    Local one made by TPascual, similar to GG&G. BTW that scope was too much power for the rifle and the 5.56mm round. A fixed 10X or lower variable with a smaller objective bell is much better.:embarassed:

11. zorkd

zorkd

Sep 2, 2004
    .ph
    i'm not into ARs but that long range setup is sweet.

12. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
  13. Sorry for the late reply kabayan na toxic lang sa facebook:supergrin: Both rifles that I worked on got 1.5" groupings at 100meters.

14. Quite good groupings at that range, Sir Paltik. By the way, did you install the barrel as is or did you have them blued or painted? Was thinking of getting a 14.5 inch one but kinda looks weird for a carbine if installed as is, i.e. white. TIA

15. Its stainless steel barrel and the owner asked me to apply black DURA.COAT on it. The finish holds up pretty good after two matches at PNPA rage in silang.

16. ess45

ess45

Nov 17, 2006
    Here is my 14.5" SS barrel, beadblasted finish, to give you an idea on how it will look like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Thanks, Sir ESS45. That places things in their proper perspective. Looks nice. Very nice.