close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Irene is ramping up!

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Aceman, Aug 23, 2011.

1. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    Reason # 6,345,457 that I live in Maine... No regular Hurricanes, and IF they get here, they are pretty weak by that time.

Good luck everyone, stay safe!

2. bdcochran

bdcochran

Sep 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Flash - Made up headline news.

1. No runs this year on bread, toilet paper, generators, and water. People stocked ahead of time.
    2. No long lines of cars on the road two hours before the hurricane hits. People got out of town early.

3. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    By the current tracking it looks like it it'll go thru SC and then hit NC around Charlotte,were 2hrs west of Charlotte.We got double dipped a few years ago,2 storms come thru and u-turned and did it again.Our waste treatment plant got flooded and "city" water was declared "unsafe".Our well saved us,while folks were getting bottled h2o we were giving h2o ta family and friends.'08.

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    The projections seem to be moving further east with each update. Still, the whole coast is going to be in the bad NW quadrant of it.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  5. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Fl my butt, it could hit va.

Check bourbon and beer stocks. Check.
    Test generator. Check.
    Load shotgun. Check.
    Rev up portable propane fridge. Check.

Ok, all set here. Think the chainsaw is ready.

6. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    We are expected to get wacked as well. I'm already prepped and have a front row seat.

7. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    I used it as an excuse to kick of the summer 'cane prep season in earnest. Ran a check on ALL supplies. Found a couple gaps, closed them up.

This was a few days ago. Didn't take much.

Converted a little maglite to LED. I'm calling it a win. Good luck Eastern Seaboard members.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    I HAD to go and open my big fat mouth... Now we are looking at Irene being a Cat 1 when she hits Maine on Sunday... DAMMIT!!!

9. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    A cat 1 is a puddy cat :whistling:

10. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    I'm sure it is, but this is Maine, and the people here react to a Category 1 like people in Texas react to 3 feet of snow...

I still have to deal with these yahoos...

11. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    You THINK the chainsaw is ready???

What are you waiting for!!!???

:tongueout:

12. Lugi

Lugi

Nov 23, 2006
  13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    I think a lot of people are way too concerned about this storm event. The worst of it will remain at sea for most everyone concerned. By the time it makes landfall it will be downgraded.

So long as you're 50 miles to the west of the eyewall its just a nasty thunderstorm.

14. Bolster

Bolster Not Ready Yet!

Jul 23, 2011
    State of Stupidity
    Good luck to you East guys. We're rooting for you here in the West. I'm sure you preppers will pull through in good shape.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  15. You must not be too familiar with the geography of the Outer Banks. If it makes landfall around Cape Lookout and plows through Pamlico Sound, it'll be the worst case of storm surge in many years. We're talking about the formation of new inlets.

16. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

Apr 24, 2007
    North Carolina
    They just bumped the forecast track further east, towards me, 120 miles from the NC coast. I've heard about shortages on batteries, water, etc everywhere. My list for tomorrow- pick up a new chainsaw sharpener, fill up a couple of empty gas cans, get some more 2 cycle oil, and get a little more beer.
    Everything else has been ready to go for a while now. I pulled the ATV out of the shed Sunday and realized the gennies hadn't been run in a while, they ran fine. I didn't plan on using them so soon, this may be the time...