Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

iPAQ Must Have Items?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Stephen, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Stephen

Stephen Hola! Millennium Member

Aug 24, 1999
    Dallas, Texas
    I am getting acquainted with my new iPAQ 5550 and am curious as to what are some of the 'must have' items?

Should I be looking at Compact Flash (CF) cards? Extended batteries? Other goodies?

Also - what are expansion packs?
  2. Jtemple

Jtemple Geek

Jan 13, 2002
    If you want to play MP3s on it or have extra storage space for files, get some sort of memory card. Your iPAQ has a SD memory slot built-in. I believe you need an adaptor sleeve to use CF cards. The CF adaptor will add some bulk (about 1/4" more thickness) to your iPAQ. However, CF cards are generally cheaper than SD cards.

I have an older iPAQ (3835) and it runs roughly 10 hours on one battery charge. I have never had the need for an extended battery pack.

All I have for mine is a 256MB SD card, an aluminum hard case (made by RhinoSkin) and a pair of headphones, and it does everything I need it to do.

An expansion pack is a sleeve that replaces the included case for your iPAQ. Instead of a flat plastic back, you will then have a media slot (&/or extra battery) on the back of your iPAQ.

I have the CF expansion pack. Like I said before, it adds about 1/4" thickness to your iPAQ. With a CF expansion slot, you can use CF memory. I also have an 802.11b wireless CF card that I use on occasion, since my iPAQ doesn't have integrated wireless.

3. Clyde

Clyde Lost in KY Millennium Member

Jan 28, 1999
    Just for the S&G of it :)
  4. Jtemple

Jtemple Geek

Jan 13, 2002
    That looks cool! I'm going to check it out after the holidays.