close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Involved in a Road Rage Incident about an Hour Ago....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, May 24, 2012.

1. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

while my dad was driving me home from work.

It seems we may have cut somebody off, although the other guy was purposely trying to NOT let us over, and it seemed to have REALLY angered him.

We tried to lose him (he was chasing us) and we thought we did because we pulled into a parking space at a doctor's office and didn't see him for about three minutes......until he pulls up behind us!!!:wow:

He gets out....we get out....and HE starts using profanity and threatening my dad. He tells ME that my dad is lucky that I'm there because if I wasn't he would kick his @$$ (I'm of above average build and it shows).

As many of you know I ALWAYS have my gun on me, even at work where it is against company POLICY, and so at no time was I ever threatened, especially since it was an old man about 75 or so:shocked: Yeah, I was shocked too!

Anyway, we had words and I told him to go home. Before he got back into his car I hear.....and I am quoting him:

"You're lucky I don't have a gun".

I had to ask him to repeat it because I wasn't sure if I heard correctly! Not once did I let on that I had a gun on me. I didn't have my hand in my pocket or tell him that he didn't know who he was messing with.

It ended peacefully and I look back and wish I had my phone recording so I could post it on Youtube because I couldn't make this stuff up!

Just had to vent.....thanks for "listening".

TGG

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Once he said, "you're lucky I don't have a gun.", you should have whipped yours out and smack him across the face.

3. Roostmonkey

Roostmonkey

Feb 20, 2008
    I had an older person do the exact same thing to me, and I was in full uniform. Had I been in plain clothes, I would have beat the smack out of him.

4. I watched two guys slug it out in a parking lot. It was an even fight and both guys seemed to enjoy the giving and taking aspect of the brawl. I assume it was over an issue like you describe because one guy left his car running in the middle of the road with the keys in the ignition, running, and drivers door wide open. I would guess they were both pushing 40 but couldn't say for sure as I kept my distance in the event one of them pulled a weapon. The police drove by and the two men quickly walked away like nothing happened. The officer did turn around and use his spotlight to check where the men were. I would have to give the victory to the guy with the long hair as he seemed to land the most clean blows and continued to deny the other guy when he shot for take downs. I've have seen a few good fist fights but have to say this was the best one. My 14 year old was soaking it all in because I warn him not to mess with people, you never know who you will get a rise out of and it may turn out to be a big mistake.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  5. grmnracing

grmnracing

Oct 10, 2010
    CT
    Next time do a "pistol whip" and run like a beotch!

Sent from my iPhone

6. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

May 21, 2011
    North-Central Florida
    I'm glad you kept your cool and no one got hurt. Good job!

7. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Damn straight.

8. mist

mist

Aug 15, 2010
    You obviously chose the "high road" and exercised the proper behavior and demeanor for a person carrying concealed. Kudos to you for being prepared but not escalating the situation.

9. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    Lesson of the day: If the other guy was apparently not willing to let you cut over, do not proceed.
    Never know what kind of day the other guy was having.

10. Rick Melear

Rick Melear

Sep 17, 2004
    south florida
    "it was an old man about 75 or so" You took the high road and made the right choice.

11. The_Gun_Guru

I was NOT driving. I thought I made that clear.:dunno:

Yeah, he had some huge you-know-what's for an old man. He looked like he was from NY or NJ. I can usually tell having BEEN BORN HERE!

You always wonder.....how would I react in a situation like that?

Well, now I KNOW!!!!

TGG

12. The_Gun_Guru

BTW....

thanks!

TGG

13. Just1More

Just1More

Mar 18, 2009
    OP, what would you have done if the guy started throwing punches? You mention never feeling threatened because you have your CCW, so I was just wondering.

14. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    I know you were not driving. I read your post. It was clear. The lesson was for your father.

15. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    You played it cool.

I'm not sure I would have did quite as well in that regard.

16. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Hopefully he'll get his ass kicked by another 75yr old someday.

17. hagar

hagar Millennium Member

Sep 7, 1999
    Columbia, SC
    A reason for carrying pepper spray, for the less than lethal encounters..

18. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I'd rather punch the prick in the face than pepper spray him.

19. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    Violence never, ever solves anything unless it is a true case of self defense. Part of the obligation of concealed carry is that we avoid confrontation. Being a bad ass is not avoiding confrontation.

20. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA