close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Invasion! Could be funny if one wasn't that 18y/o

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Skyhook, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

2. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

Nor do I, actually. :eyebrow:

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
  4. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    Thats one hell of a prank to do to somebody.

5. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    yeah....i'm scratching my head trying to find the funny here as well.

6. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Good idea to lock down all your routers. I use the MAC address filter and full encryption. Yes that stops friends from hopping on my network when they come by, but oh well.

That doesn't stop someone calling with a spoofed caller ID to get the cops to show up at your place.

Since this is becoming more prevalent, It may be time to end no knock entry into a home without a higher level of probable cause.

What would happen in my home? Depends on if I saw them show up on the video surveillance. I'd at least not be caught off guard, which would probably have me or a family member meeting them armed, and getting shot. I'm playing the odds. It's a lot more likely that bad guys will try to kick in my door than the cops.

7. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    What if you are in your recliner 9:30 pm watching tv and you see three people approaching your front pourch on your security camera monitor. You pickup you home defence weapon and move to cover. The door is knocked down ....guys enter.... what do you do????? what do you do????

Could these SWAT hacks be considered attempted murder by cop?

Doc44

8. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'd be fine with a 50 year sentence for each count if a person placed all those people's lives in danger like that. I have four views. I'd probably see the cars. If they are marked, and the uniforms are clearly marked, I would probably have to take the chance of not fighting back.

Tough call. First instinct if they are in plain clothes is to wait until they line up at the door, and put about 6 x 12 ga centurion rounds through the door before they even got a chance to knock.

Someone could obviously get hurt. I'm not a fan of swat entries unless there is an obvious need. If they want me to come in, all they would have to do is call, and I'd drive myself down to the court house. If the guy is dangerous, he can't stay in there forever. Catch him in his car when he leaves about a mile from the house.

There are too many ways to avoid this to not try.

9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    I was working during one of these swatting calls. It could have ended very badly. If these people are caught, they need to do hard time. I don't care, if they are pimply 17 year olds.

_

10. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    I agree, people who do this crap need hard punishment period. But this still leaves the question of what to do and what happens if you defend your self in a situation like this.

At 10pm if someone kicks in my door, nothing good is going to happen to those that enter. If I clearly know that the intruders are swat, I will not fire. However, If I can't clearly identify the intruders no matter who they are, they are getting 00 buck shot followed up by XM193's and alot of them.

11. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    If they make it into the house, you may get a few of them, but they will get you too. Nothing good would come of it, that is darn sure. What would happen would depend on what happened. Too many variables to guess.

12. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Interesting the second case they mentioned was a classic case of SWATing. Of course it resulted in the typical SWAT response: Sit Wait, and Talk.

The first one is more interesting. It sounds like they got a warrant, which means a judge signed off on it, no knock and all.

Also interesting is the use of a flashbang. Those of you that think you can just shrug one off and take on the team will be in for a learning experience.

13. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    You're a pretty reasonable guy, so I'll be nice - how's that vehicle stop gonna go, if big meanie decides NOT to stop? How many people are endangered if that method is used, versus setting up on his home? Again, you're a reasonable guy, think it through.

14. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    I guess cops don't do any servailence anymore? I could see the response for the faked murders. But this?:faint:

15. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Makes sense, and some teen will have gotten you and maybe others killed.

_

16. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    The 4th Amendment was never about making your job easier or guaranteeing the safety of someone down the road. It was about illegal search and seizure and illegal entry into a persons home and property. Pretty hard nowdays to even recall the original intent, what with so many new "decrees" to make things so much "easier" and "safer" for leo.

17. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    If you are waiting for him, I'd think you'd have thought far enough ahead to make sure that wasn't an option. I'm pretty good at setting up blockades and ambushes if you need some training.

ETA: on second reading, that sounds overly harsh. But it seems to me, that if planned properly it is reasonably easy and safe to accomplish. Pick your spot, even if it is the driveway. But busting into a house is a dangerous proposition for all involved. I've done that too. Favorite technique was the wall breach. It's also not that hard to surround the place, and make a call, come out with your hands up, we have the place surrounded.

If someone gets the wrong address, and my house is hit, it's going to be a dicey few moments for all involved. Guarantee it. I'd prefer to not get shot over another person's screw up. I'm one of the good guys, I have never done anything worth a no knock warrant.

Stuff happens, and I'd really prefer it didn't happen to me.
    I should be able to expect that.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/30/AR2008073003299_2.html

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  18. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    A question which has been nagging me for a while is, How much verification/vetting did those police officers do before crashing into the poor child's home?

One would hope they really, really checked that out before the violence.

19. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Honestly, with only a 17 year old girl at home, just enough to be civilly liable now that they know what they were getting into.

Anyone able to come up with the warrant??