close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Intruder killed despite wearing body armor

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DrtyHarry, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    Not sure why my thread about AP ammo was closed, if I broke any rules...please mods, tell me why so it doesn't happen again. I mod several boards and I always give an explanation as to why I close a thread.

In my last locked thread, some said that criminals that do home invasions don't wear body armor....please read this, it happened just a few months ago.

http://m.rrdailyherald.com/mobile/n...cle_83c410b8-2cad-11e1-95f8-0019bb2963f4.html

Harry

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Jan 2, 2005
    Taylorsville, KY
    Since this is a thread about your locked thread, it will suffer the same fate.

3. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    No....my locked thread was more on point with AP ammo and why civilians can't use it.

Here, I only posted a news article stating that home invaders do in fact wear body armor....and it's become a "trend". Why shall it suffer the same fate? I still don't know why my thread was locked...if I had to guess, I would say it was because of the 7.62X25 comment.

Harry

4. Curious as to why the subject in custody has not been charged with murder? In most states....if you and I pull a caper and the victim kills one of us, the surviving one is charged with homicide in connection with the death.

5. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    Perhaps because the suspect(s) didn't kill any of the victims, they just managed to get one of themselves killed? Don't know...state laws differ.

Harry

6. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    Yeah around here, of two men break into a home, and the homeowner kills one, the other is charged with his murder.

7. T-Rod45

T-Rod45 Loves The Glock

Apr 28, 2010
    CT
    In most states, if a criminal dies during the crime, his accomplices get charged with murder for his death...

8. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

I'd like to know what the homeowner shot the BG with and where he shot him.

I'm thinking head shot.

Oh well, one less POS in the world....makes me very happy!:banana:

TGG

9. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    Good point. Most of the judicial circuits in FL are pretty good about this......

10. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio

That's how it should be.

11. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    As a mod on other boards, you should have been aware that copying materials, such as news articles, is illegal and can get GT sued. Delete everything you copied and just have a link to the article. Short snip-its from the article are general okay, such as a sentence or two. But copying the entire article, or even just the bulk of it, is a major no-no that will get a thread lock & deleted. Also, discussing illegal activities is against GT rules..and Federal law prohibits the manufacturing and/or selling of AP ammo.

Don't do illegal things, don't talk about illegal activities.

Again, as a mod on other boards you should have been well aware of all this.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  12. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Or got hit by rifle fire.

It's not illegal (edit: as in a criminal offense, it's a civil matter) to my knowledge, but an unscrupulous company was suing websites for doing it. They recently got their heads handed to them in court, though, so their shenanigans will likely be severely curtailed.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  13. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    I want an AR for home defense. That way whether the BG is wearing armor or not, I can put him down fast. Until I can afford one, I'm just gonna practice with my handgun. Hopefully shot placement will mean something.

14. DeLo

DeLo

Nov 10, 2011
    Southland
    10mm 200 gr

15. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    You are probably looking at a different thread or board all together. Go check the locked thread and point out to me where I copied materials like the news articles you claim.

No discussion of illegal activities? I was talking about a home invasion, are you telling me I can't voice an opinion on what happened? It was news. I mentioned the law in regard to AP ammo, not once did I say or suggest anything illegal. I suggested that perhaps it should be reviewed again in light of the new, "body armor criminal trend".

Nobody answered why that thread was closed. Nothing illegal was discussed or implied and nothing was stolen via copy paste. The ONLY link I provided was to a site that sold leather motorcycle jackets. Like I said, if I said something wrong in that thread....I'd like to know what it was.

Harry

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  16. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Sep 26, 2007
    NJ/VT
    G20sf in my night table with 200gr JHP from DT.

Harry

17. seamaster

seamaster

Feb 19, 2003
    Thre are several Halifax County's in the US and I think there is even one in Canada. I didn't read the article but did they specify which state?

18. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama

I totally agree with you on the AR. I have a S&W M4 with an Aimpoint which is super sweet. The AR is so great for HD because the 5.56 has a ton of stopping power, it will stop a man without penetrating walls, especially with TAP rounds. Not a lot of calibers can that be said about it. I also love my Norinco AK 47 for HD. It has a ton of stopping power and with ballistic tips won't slice through walls too bad. Either one will go through standard body armor like a knife through butter!

19. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    5.56 projectiles, TAP included, WILL go through typical interior home walls. It may penetrate LESS of them than some other HD options, but it absolutely will rip right through drywall walls. Same goes for 7.36x39.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.