close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

intro

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by trbaldridge, May 31, 2007.

1. trbaldridge

trbaldridge

May 30, 2007
    Vicksburg, MS
    Hey all,

I am Terry Baldridge, I live in Vicksburg. I was digging around the net looking for MS related firearms info and ran up on this Glock state club list. I had been talking to Cliff about coming to an icore match, so I figured I would just jump in here.

Uh, I don't have any glocks hanging around, mostly s&ws and a few rugers. But after shooting a buddies subcompact .45acp and anothers 9mm with a 30 round mag, I might well have to keep them in mind.

terry

2. Welcome. Ruger owner here as well. P90. Couple glocks too of course.

3. trbaldridge

trbaldridge

May 30, 2007
    Vicksburg, MS
    Thanks for the welcome Midnight.

The only Ruger auto I have is a Mark II .22. I got it in college so I guess anymore I have spent more of my life with it than I spent without it.

I can remember many a Monday when I could do nothing with my thumbs because I had loaded magazines so many times Sunday afternoon. Shoot it till it jams, take a q-tip and get the gunk out of it and then shoot it some more. A great little rig.

terry

4. Cliff Cargill

Cliff Cargill

May 25, 2006
    Jackson, MS
    Welcome to GlockTalk Terry!:supergrin:

And, welcome to the shooting sports!:thumbsup:

See you on Sunday.:banana:

5. lumberjack

lumberjack One of Many

May 3, 2004
    Mississippi
    Welcome :)

Glocker here, the Ruger I have is a Security Six,my SW i a Lady Smith.

Picked up a 2nd Gen G20 yesterday, bought a G19 today :banana:.

See ya Sunday!

Carl

6. trbaldridge

trbaldridge

May 30, 2007
    Vicksburg, MS
    I had a day like that at the last gun show. The FFL I use brought the 5906 he received for me and I bought a model 60 from a friend who went with me to the show. Also found a Winchester 97 clone in my price range that I just had to get. So that about gets me for the year. I tend to buy in batches and then don't buy anymore for a long time.

But the guy that I bought the 5906 from has some 686s for a decent price. If I am going to be shooting revolvers competitively, I need to have a good stainless one with adjustable sights don't I? (I am looking at this group as being big enablers, don't prove me wrong)

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow (I will be the one looking confused). I guess I had better go get some sleep.

terry

7. trbaldridge

trbaldridge

May 30, 2007
    Vicksburg, MS
    Thanks Chris. Hope to meet you in person before long.

terry

8. lumberjack

lumberjack One of Many

May 3, 2004
    Mississippi
    I don't believe we met, I was the guy in the green t shirt, faded Carhartts, shooting a G19.

Perhaps we'll meet next month eh?

9. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi
    welcome terry

if you go you will get hooked
    i love it
    cliff is a very good person to get started with
    taught me all i know:supergrin:

garett

10. Cliff Cargill

Cliff Cargill

May 25, 2006
    Jackson, MS
    Yeah, but don't hold that against Garett.:rofl:

He was a good student though. He has a nasty habit of winning everything he enters now.

Speaking of which...When are you coming to Jackson Garett? We (Team Magnolia) have something for you.

11. trbaldridge

trbaldridge

May 30, 2007
    Vicksburg, MS
    Yeah Garett, I went and I must admit if I am not hooked, I am at least chasing the bait, hard :}

Thanks to a lot of help by Cliff, Glenn, Pat, and Doc (seems like I am leaving out someone, sorry) I made it through. My plan for the day was to not get DQed. I didn't, but there was a steady stream of reminder for me to watch my muzzle direction. I have a life time of pointing a gun at the ground if I am moving I will have to overcome.

Thanks fellows, hope to see you in a couple of weeks at ICORE. I will order more speedloaders between now and then. And practice with the ones I have.

terry

12. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi
    gun at ground

my problem to i just need lots of practice
    that means more matchs:50cal: :nsb: :2gun:
    safety 1st :motorcycle: speed later

13. Cliff Cargill

Cliff Cargill

May 25, 2006
    Jackson, MS
    We'll see you there Terry.:wavey:

Bring a friend. The courses in ICORE aren't quite as involved as IPSC, although I love both games.

See you soon!:thumbsup:

14. trbaldridge

trbaldridge

May 30, 2007
    Vicksburg, MS
    I just talked to my brother and he is planning on coming through that weekend. I think I can talk him into shooting a round.

I just ordered 3 more speedloaders for my 28. Six should be enough, huh?

Mr. Haras, if you read this, would you give me an email at trb at cablelynx dot com

terry

15. Welcome! I have been away for a while but will be around more now.

16. trbaldridge

trbaldridge

May 30, 2007
    Vicksburg, MS
    Thanks for the welcome Gambino and GlockMan40. I have been out of town a couple of weeks myself.

terry

17. haras

haras Glock revolver?

Oct 24, 2005
    Jackson, MS
    Hey Terry, gunna make the July 28th Saturday ICORE match?:duel: