Intro. from Arkasnas

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by M1Tommy, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Hello the forum. :wavey:

I'm just Tommy , a guy in Arkansas who stumbled across the forums while looking for info. on a Glock.
    I recently horse traded for a Glock 22 (40 S&W), 4 magazines, about 400 rounds ammo. and hard case.

I've never owned a Glock nor anything in .40 S&W before... but this deal was too good to pass up. I've not convinced myself that I want to keep this pistol........ yet, anyways.

Otherwise, I shoot when I can, have shot some NRA HP rifle matches in the past, piddle with a couple old muzzle loaders, an RWS54 in .177, etc., fish (badly) on the lakes around Hot Springs, and ride my '96 Kaw. 800 and wrench on it when I have to, and read quite a bit.

I'll likely be reading here a lot more than posting, particularly for some while now.... lots to learn I am thinking.
    Any other questions, no prob.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Rep. Gutiérrez Introduces Bill to Open ObamaCare to Illegal Immigrants Political Issues Thursday at 4:39 PM
    Introducing myself Introduction Forum Monday at 11:43 AM
    Introduction Introduction Forum Sep 18, 2015
    RE-Introduction. Florida and Puerto Rico Introduction Forum Sep 7, 2015
    Not new either, but wanted the % points intro....... Introduction Forum Sep 4, 2015

3. Welcome to the forum, Tommy.

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i hope youll learn to spell your home state after a while....LOL

welcome aboard, i have family in pine bluff and points south of there.
  5. Thanks for the welcome.
  6. SE Ark. has some nice areas too, although I'm pretty much a hillbilly at heart.
    Spelling names and places, eh?... I lived in Louisiana for 14 years. Now, THEY have some real doozies.
    Thanks for the welcome.
  7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i was poking fun at your thread title....
  8. Oh I saw that... spellun ain't ever been our strung piont!

9. :welcome: from another G22 owner. I'm real pleased with mine. There are also barrel inserts if you decide you want to shoot something other than .40, though I don't have any experience with them myself. Bulk ammo on the internet is the way to buy if you like to shoot. There's also a strong bunch of reloaders on the forum as well. :)

10. I have reloaded for a few cartridges before.... good to know folks reload "here".
    Thanks for the welcome.

11. Welcome to GT! I ride Arkansas all the time, its a very pretty state in the fall.
  12. I ride to NW Ark. several times a year. OK has some nice areas to I hear.... just haven't been there... yet.
    Thanks for the welcome!
  13. CanMan

Silver Member

:wavey: Welcome!
  14. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome to GT.
  15. :wavey:Thanks for the welcome.
  16. Thank you for the welcome.
    That anonymous quote is good.

P.S. "physics research engineer"? cool.. or cool sounding anyways! :thumbsup:
    #15 M1Tommy, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  17. Thanks for the welcome. I own a Colt 1991... loved it ever since I bought it (in 1992).

18. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

So I see...:rofl: Welcome from North Arkasnas...:whistling:
  19. I lived in Fayetteville for 9 mostly good years. It sure is different nowadays than it was in the 80's! Then, I went to NW Louisiana... 'nuff said! <grin>

20. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!