close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Internet Cafe

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by jprj, Apr 6, 2007.

1. jprj

jprj

Aug 5, 2001
    Philippines
    Considering this small business, any tips you may share?

2. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

Jan 21, 2004
    Denver, CO
    These used to be real popular in my neck of the woods a few years ago. Now most cafes and restaurants offer wi-fi connection (and the cost of laptops allows for many to afford them). In addition, consider that most cell phones give you access to the net. <p>For all these reasons I think that it is not a hot idea anymore.

3. If he is still in the P.I. it may be a good idea or a bad idea.

I used to live near Manilla.

Consider his location similar to urban Detroit.

Good and bad neighborhoods are blocks apart.

One block may be a secure community, the next block may be a galvanized tin squatters camp.

Police and crime issues may prevent this from being a fruitful venture depending on your location and willingness to fight for it or pay the "comfort tax".

4. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

Jan 21, 2004
    Denver, CO
    You are right. I had not considered his location when I posted my reply. In all honesty, it wasn't until you pointed it out the 2nd time that I finally noticed that the OPs location is in the Phillipines. <p>I know that these Internet Cafes have had more popularity in Asian and Eastern European countries than what they ever had in the US. So I should not try to make an assumption as to how good of an idea it may be for the OP. <P>Again, thanks for pointing out his location.