close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Interesting new Glock variation

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Glock30fan, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Glock30fan

Glock30fan Cmbt Tupperware

Mar 11, 2001
    Where the buffalo roam.
    It seems Glock is now importing Austrian proofed and date coded guns to fill the supply vacuum created by Obama's election. The guns have "Glock Inc. Smyrna, GA" stamped on the underside of the trigger guard as required by Federal law since the right grip panel on these guns intended for other markets does not have that wording.

Check out some photos and info here:
    http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1971086351

2. Solitaire

Solitaire

Feb 2, 2009
    I saw one of these today at a local shop (G19 for $529 + tax). Are they of interest to collecters? The clerk talked like they'd be snatched up quickly because of the Austrian proof marks.

3. quichedem

quichedem

Nov 12, 2004
    N.O. LA
    Pretty sweet. I'd surely snatch one up if I had the spare cash! The only GLOCKs with proofs come from Austria, so I'd imagine they'd be of a littel value down the road (unfired).

4. Quail Fat

Quail Fat Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Oklahoma
    I've been wanting one of these for a very long time.

I got one, and even though it's the same as an American Market Glock, the European models seem more "authentic".

5. Graves

Graves Diesel Junky

Aug 26, 2008
    Thornton, CO

Yeah like slapping a Type R badge on a civic, or Euro license plates on a VW Golf. Totally EDM yo:faint:

6. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    I have a few.

7. maherdabum

maherdabum Maherdabum

Feb 26, 2009
    I bought my Glock 19 from a local shop and it took nearly 4 weeks to come in. I bought the 23 on the same day and the gun arrived two days later.

I never knew the 19 was that popular.

Maherdabum

The Ultimate Glock Collector
    17,19,20,21,22,23,26,27,29,30,31,32C,33!

8. nsabjg

nsabjg

Aug 29, 2005
    FL
    I just bought a G19 with the proof marks at a local shop(Pensacola FL) for $509.

9. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada

Mar 7, 2000
    Nevada
    In relation to the term "unfired." Aren't they all fired before shipment? How could the gun be considered unfired?

Thyank you

10. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    Murray,
    Without willfully putting words in his mouth, I think he means that if the pistol is unfired once it clears the factory, it will look to be in very good shape, hence worth more money. It's one of those things where it makes sense in context, and when you break it down (take it out of context), it's not 100% perfectly true.

11. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada

Mar 7, 2000
    Nevada
    I understand and thank you for your explanantion. I was interested because I recently bought an "Austrian Proofed" G19 to put away for 15+ years to hopefully give to a grandson some day. I took it from the gunstore to the safe where it will remain. My only concern has been wondering if the fouling from proofing and test firung will have an adverse effect on the condition of the pistol in future years.

Ordinarily I would never store a weapon after shooting without a proper cleaning but I also know that future value could be lessened when trying to "clean up" things that may someday become collectables. Still not sure what to do.

PS: You signature line made nme smile as I was a guest many years ago at a small base far away named after "Old Gimlet Eye."

12. sgt rock

sgt rock

May 9, 2002
    michigan

What ever firearm you own wether unfired or not , always take it out of the safe once in awhile and oil it and check for rust. So dont worry about cleaning it .Just look on the auction sites and you'll see beautiful S@W revolvers that were neglected and have rust spots thus killing the value. If you want to keep its value just dont paint it pink or stripple the grips with a soldering iron.

13. GunOneDown

GunOneDown

Mar 23, 2007
    Kiln,Ms
    so I wonder what models are being shipped with the proofs? I would love to have another M20 while the stamp.

about the 19's being popular is they are used for Conceal Carry alot and action shooting as I seen lately. 23's are in the same popularity category.

14. GunsRUs

GunsRUs Just an Old Guy

I got a new in the box Austrian Proof marked G-19 today my local gun dealer. I wont post the price as I got it at cost but suffice it to say it was excellent and it is the blue label version with 3 mags. It is going in the safe as I already have a Gen 3 Glock 19. I just could not pass this up with the Austrian proof mark.:wow:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  15. Sherlock Glock

Sherlock Glock Lifetime Member

Jul 30, 2003
    Dallas, Texas area

:wavey: When you decide to fill out your collection with:
    G17L, G24C, G34, G35, G37, G38, G39.
    Let me know. I have owned every glock model made except the 380's
    and the G18 ( but have shot them)

16. Glock9Master

Glock9Master

Sep 26, 2007
    Hey MurrayNevada all Glocks come with a copper lube from the factory so that they can be stored for a prolonged period of time without drying out. 15 years will test the SPEC380 however I don't know how long the grease will last on the firing pin. You might want to call Glock and see what methods they recomend

17. Arcana

Arcana

Dec 24, 2006
    Hey man, don't front! The average "Type R" badge is good for 45-50 WHP over stock. It's based on the same physics model that tells us that applying carbon fiber over your existing dash panels somehow makes your car lighter.:supergrin:

I hear those Austrian Proof Marks can add 450 FPS* to a 115 grain 9mm.

*once VTEC kicks in

18. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Jun 25, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Glock did not send these to fulfill anything. These were part of a large order cancellation, and they just sent these to the U.S.

They are worth the same as any other Glock.

19. m4arc

m4arc

Dec 6, 2003
    Virginia Beach
    You mean like this one?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:supergrin:

I don't think they're worth anything more than a regular Glock and I didn't pay any more than the regular price but I have a 21 year old G19 with the same markings so I thought it would be cool to have a new one as well.